DURHAM, N.C.-A host of former Duke men's lacrosse players are gearing up for the 2010 Major League Lacrosse Championship Weekend in Annapolis, Md., from Aug. 21-22. The Long Island Lizards, Boston Cannons, Denver Outlaws and Chesapeake Bayhawks will vie for the Stenfield Cup.
The Bayhawks and Cannons will battle in the first semifinal at 12 p.m., on Aug. 21, while Long Island and Denver will line up for the second semifinal at 3 p.m. The first semifinal will be televised live by ESPN2. The championship match is set for Aug. 22 at 1 p.m., on ESPN2.
- Features former Blue Devils Max Quinzani and Brad Ross
- Team captured a share of the MLL regular season title with an 8-4 overall record
- Quinzani named Boston Cannons Rookie of the Year after leading all rookies in goals scored with 14 ... finished with 19 points overall and registered 20 percent of the MLL Rookie of the Year voting.
- Ross has 21 points from 12 goals (six two-point goals) and three assists ... ranked second in the league in two-point scores with six.
- Features former defenseman Ryan McFadyen
- Denver also garnered a share of the regular season title with an 8-4 overall record
- McFadyen has played in five games and collected six ground balls
Long Island Lizards
- Features Matt Danowski, Zack Greer, Parker McKee and Mike Ward
- Team posted a regular season record of 7-5 and has won five of its six last games, including four consecutive
- Danowski ranks second in the league in overall scoring with 47 points from 25 goals (four two-point scores) and 18 assists in 12 games played ... this season is Danowski's best as his previous high scoring total was 36 points in his rookie season in 2008.
- McKee has played in seven games after being drafted fourth overall by the Lizards ... has one goal and four assists for five points and 32 ground balls ... finished with 20 percent of the voting in the MLL Rookie of the Year ballot.
- Greer is fourth on the team in points with 17 goals and three assists for 20 points in 10 games.
- Ward has played in all 12 games and owns nine points from four goals and five assists.