Duke Wrestling A-Z Game day Guide
It is strictly prohibited to bring alcohol into Card Gym. Individuals violating this policy are subject to ejection from the building.
The BB&T ATM is located just outside the south entrance doors of Cameron Indoor Stadium (Wallace Wade Stadium side) and will be accessible 24-7. The ATM only dispenses cash ($20 increments) and does not take deposits.
Banners and Signs
Banners and Signs are permitted inside Card Gym, however Duke reserves the right to prohibit or require the cessation of any display of a banner or sign that obstructs the view of other fans, obscures stadium signage, can be considered an advertisement, or is determined to be obscene, vulgar, indecent, inappropriate, or derogatory.
Bull City Connector
The Bull City Connector is a fare-free, hybrid-electric bus service that connects downtown Durham with the Duke University campus. The route provides direct access to Duke and includes stops along Main Street and Erwin Road. The service also includes a stop at Durham Station, the city's transportation hub with public bus service and within walking distance of the American Tobacco Campus and the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The Bull City Connector is also ideal for bicyclists, who can ride to a Connector stop and take their bike to campus by using a bike rack on the front of the bus.
The easiest way to get to games using the Bull City Connector is to get off at Duke Hospital South on Trent Road. Once you get off at Duke Hospital South, walk on the sidewalk down Flowers Drive. Cut up to the West Campus Quad. Walk all the way down the Quad until you reach Towerview Drive. Cross Towerview Drive and follow the sidewalk to the Cameron Indoor Stadium, which will be on your right. Click here for a map to show you where to go.
Hand-held still cameras are permitted for personal use only. No cameras are permitted into the building with a lens longer than four (4) inches. Video cameras are permitted to be used during pre-game and halftime only. Video cameras are prohibited from filming the match.
There are no concessions sold in Card Gym during wrestling matches.
Duke Athletics expects all fans to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times before, during, and after the competition. We expect all fans to treat other fans, players, coaches and officials with courtesy. Please join us in creating a fun, safe, family atmosphere at Card Gym by not:
- Interfering with other guests’ ability to enjoy the game;
- Using/displaying foul or abusive language or gestures;
- Appearing to be intoxicated or in a diminished capacity;
- Entering the competition or restricted access areas;
- Smoking except in designated areas;
- Throwing objects onto the competition area or within the venue; or
- Otherwise being disorderly.
Directions to Card Gym
Doors (Entrance into gym)
All doors to Card Gym will open 60 minutes prior to the start of the game. Patrons with purses, bags, and strollers are subject to searches. There are doors located at the east and west sides of the gym.
• During any emergency inside the gym, follow the directions of the PA announcer, event staff and emergency responders.
• Always designate a pre-determined location both inside and outside the gym to meet friends and family in case you get separated or in the event of an emergency.
• Upon arriving at your seat location, first find the nearest exit and then locate an alternate exit in case of emergency.
• If you see or become aware of any activity that is unusual, suspicious or causes you concern, report the activity to the nearest police office or event staff. Patrons may also tweet @Duke_GAMEDAY.
• Emergency vehicles may be present in and around the gym. Please do not obstruct the path of travel of a fire truck or emergency vehicle or interfere with any of their operations. Vehicles blocking emergency vehicles, exits, or traffic in general are subject to being towed at the owner's expense. Please do not obstruct any exits or exit pathways.
• Monitor the weather prior to the game. Take the necessary precautions to protect your family and friends should severe weather be encountered before, during, or after the game. In the event of inclement weather during the game, please be prepared to evacuate the gym and return to your car.
Emergency Medical Assistance
In case of emergency, call Duke Police at (919) 684-2444, 9-1-1, or contact any staff member on site.
Click here for information on local entertainment
If you are in need of assistance or information, please ask for the Game Manager.
Lost and Found
If any article is lost or found in the gym, please inquire about or report the item to the Game Manager located in the southeast corner of the Gym. Items turned in during the game will be dropped off to the Game Manager. All lost and found items not picked up prior to the end of the game will be available for pick-up the following business day by calling 919-613-7388 to inquire about lost item(s).
The Duke Nike Team Store located on West Campus in Card Gym is open Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Saturday 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, and Sunday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
Operational, Parking, and Tailgating Information
- For more information on Duke Wrestling match days, please visit the gameday information site at www.GoDuke.com/gameday. Special game day parking alerts and information will be available on the game day information page at the top under Alerts. You can sign-up for operational, parking, and traffic updates via Twitter – www.Twitter.com/Duke_GAMEDAY
- Duke University assumes no responsibility for loss through fire, theft, collision, or otherwise to the car or contents. Vehicles are parked at Owner's Risk. Please lock your vehicle.
Parking Emergency Information
- In case of emergency please dial 9-1-1 for Durham County or 919-684-2444 for Duke Police Emergency Dispatch. Duke Police will be the primary responder on-campus for emergency calls. Durham Police will be the primary responder off-campus for emergency calls. If an emergency occurs and authorities are contacted, please designate someone in your party to help direct emergency personnel to the emergency location.
- Free General Public Parking is available for most games in the Whitford Drive Lot, along Bassett Drive and in the Grounds Lot at the end of Bassett Drive. If a volleyball match coincides with another event or game day there may be a charge to park. For special event and game day parking information visit www.GoDuke.com/gameday.
Persons w/ Disabilities Parking:
- General Public Parking for persons with disabilities is available in the reserved spots in the Whitford Drive Parking Lot.
- An accessible drop-off/pick-up point for persons with disabilities is located in front of Card Gym. Vehicles should be returned to the Whitford Drive Parking Lot for parking.
- Tailgating is permitted in the Whitford Drive, Bassett Drive or Grounds lots. Tents, tables, tarps or canopies ARE NOT permitted if they impede foot or vehicular traffic or if they extend into additional parking space.
Persons with Disabilities Accessibility Information
Please find below a list of disability services currently provided at Card Gymnasium. Prior to game day, please feel free to reach out to our disabilities coordinators at 919-668-6213 to help make arrangements for your visit or if you have any special needs, questions, or concerns regarding our accessibility and accomodations.
- Parking for Persons with Disabilities– is available in the designated spaces in Whitford Drive and parking lot. Please follow these directions to the Persons with Disabilities Entrance.
- Entry for Persons with Disabilities – All entry-ways to Card Gymnasium are accessible to Persons with Disabilities
- Seating for Persons with Disabilities – is available surrounding the mat.
- Accessible Restrooms for Persons with Disabilities – Accessible Men's and Women's restrooms are located in the Wilson Recreation Center, adjacent to Card Gymnasium. Please see the front desk attendant for assistance.
All pets (including dogs) are prohibited inside Card Gym. (Exception: Service animals are allowed to assist those with disabilities)
Press Row, Media Room, Scorer’s Table Access
Only Duke Personnel or approved media and photographers will be allowed into the press areas. All media or photographers should contact the Duke Sports Information office at least two days prior to the day of the game to confirm approval.
Match programs are available for free on a first come, first serve basis. Programs can be found on the marketing table inside the main entrance.
For the safety and game day experience of all fans, the following items are prohibited from entering the gym:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Artificial noisemakers
- Balls and Frisbees
- Coolers and Containers (ice chests or other like containers)
- Items obstructing sightlines of other fans
- Pets (except service animals)
- Outside chairs (lounge chairs, folding chairs, etc.)
- Outside food and beverage (exception: medical reasons)
- Shoes with wheels (wheelies)
- Laser Pointers
- Cameras w/lens over 4 inches
- Hazardous Materials
Restrooms in Card Gym open at the same time as the doors open. Men’s Restrooms are located in the basement of Card Gym on the west side below the main entrance. Women’s Restrooms are located in the basement of Card Gym on the east side towards the Wilson Rec Center. Accessible restrooms are located in the Wilson Recreation Center. Please see the front desk attendant for assistance.
Safety and Security
All Items Subject to Search
- All purses, bags and strollers are permitted into Card Gym. However, all bags are subject to search by the game manager.
To Report Game Day Problems
- If you are in need of assistance or information, please ask for the Game Manager.
Persons w/ Disabilities Seating:
- Persons with disabilities seating is available at the end of each bleacher extending from the corners of the mat.
Smoking is not allowed in Card Gym. Smoking is permitted outside of the gym.
Sign up for Twitter to follow Duke Game Day (@Duke_GAMEDAY). Follow @Duke_GAMEDAY to stay up to date on all Duke Sports’ news and events.
Stadium & Operational Map
Card Gym Map
Fans can catch LIVE streaming video for select wrestling matches worldwide on the internet at Duke Inside Access.
All Duke home wrestling events at Card Gym are free to the public and no tickets are necessary.