Site: Durham, N.C. Stadium: Wallace Wade Surface: Natural Grass Capacity: 33,491 Radio: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network; Sirius XM Radio (Channels 92 & 191) TV: ACC Network - Tim Brant (Play-by-play), Dave Archer (Analyst) and Mike Hogewood (Sideline) Internet: GoDuke.com; theACC.com Tickets: 1-877-375-DUKE Series: Duke, 53-36-2 Last Time: In a high-scoring game that was tied 35-35 at the half, Wake Forest threw four touchdown passes to overcome a 358-yard, four-touchdown effort from Duke QB Sean Renfree and beat Duke, 54-48, in Winston-Salem, N.C.
Duke and Wake Forest Continue Rivalry
• Duke and Wake Forest have met 91 times on the gridiron, including every year since 1967.
• The Blue Devils own a 53-36-2 record all-time against the Demon Deacons.
• Wake Forest has won 11 straight meetings, with seven of those contests decided by one possession.
• Duke’s last win over Wake Forest came in 1999 when the Blue Devils won, 48-35, in Durham.
• With this week’s game against Wake Forest, Duke will celebrate Youth Day with a service at 10 a.m. in Wallace Wade Stadium.
• The event will feature musician Matt Papa and former Duke football player, Reverend Keith Daniel.
• Game tickets include the Youth Day program for one price and are on sale at GoDuke.com/tickets or by calling 919-681-BLUE.
• The Blue Devils and Demon Deacons will celebrate ACC Sportsmanship Week on Saturday.
• The two squads will participate in a pre-game handshake at midfield.
FSU Ends Duke’s Three-Game Win Streak
• QB EJ Manuel accounted for four touchdowns, and Florida State amassed 481 total yards to take down Duke, 41-16, in Wallace Wade Stadium.
• Manuel threw for 239 yards and two touchdowns and ran for 62 yards and two more scores.
• The Seminoles ended a three-game win streak for the Blue Devils, who defeated Boston College, Tulane and FIU on successive weekends.
• Florida State had pass completions of 50 yards or more on three of its first four drives and staked a 27-3 lead heading into halftime.
• RB Devonta Freeman led the FSU rushing attack with 109 of his team’s 242 yards on the ground.
• Duke QB Sean Renfree completed 26-of-43 passes for 226 yards and a touchdown against a Florida State pass rush that sacked him five times. Renfree went 15-for-24 for 152 yards in the second half and led the Blue Devils to two fourth-quarter scoring drives that included a one-yard rushing score by Juwan Thompson and a five-yard touchdown pass to Cooper Helfet.
• Thompson found the end zone for the third straight game and now has five TDs during that span.
• Both Matt Daniels and Zach Greene forced fumbles for Duke, while Daniels led the team with 14 tackles.
High Scoring Series
• The last four games between Duke and Wake Forest have been high-scoring affairs.
• The teams have combined to average 80.25 total points per game during the last four contests.
• Both Duke and Wake Forest have put up at least 30 points each in every game during that four-game span. The teams have combined to top 40 points four times.
Top QB-WR Tandems on Display
• This Saturday’s game will feature the top two QB-WR duos in the ACC with Duke’s Sean Renfree and Conner Vernon and Wake Forest’s Tanner Price and Chris Givens.
• Givens and Vernon are tied for the ACC lead in receptions per game and are No. 1 and No. 3 in receiving yards per game.
• Price and Renfree rank second and third in passing yards per game, respectively.
• On defense, Wake Forest DB Merrill Noel (12) and Duke S Matt Daniels (10) rank first and second in the ACC in passes broken up. Both rank among the top five nationally in the category.