Game 7 l EA Sports Maui Invitational Championship Game
Duke (6-0) vs. Kansas (3-1)
Wednesday, November 23, 2011 l 10:00 p.m. (ET) l ESPN
The Opening Tip
• Duke (6-0) faces Kansas (3-1) on Wednesday, Nov. 23 at the Lahaina Civic Center in the championship game of the EA Sports Maui Invitational. Tipoff is set for 10:00 p.m. (ET).
• The game will be televised by ESPN with Sean McDonough (play-by-play), Bill Raftery (analyst) and Jay Bilas (analyst) calling the contest.
• Duke is ranked No. 6 in both the AP Poll and the ESPN/USA Today Coaches Poll. Kansas is ranked No. 14 in both polls.
• Duke topped Belmont (77-76), Tennessee (77-67) and Michigan (82-75) to reach the finals of the EA Sports Maui Invitational. Kansas advanced with wins over Towson, Georgetown and UCLA.
• The Blue Devils are 15-0 all-time in the Maui Invitational, including a 14-0 mark at the Lahaina Civic Center. Duke has won Maui Invitational titles in 1992, 1997, 2001 and 2007.
• Duke leads the all-time series, 6-2, will all eight games coming under Mike Krzyzewski.
• Five of the eight games between the two schools have come in the NCAA Tournament.
• Duke claimed its first NCAA Championship with a 72-65 win over Kansas on April 1, 1991.
• Seven of the eight games in the series have been decided by 10 points or less.
• Duke and Kansas are two of the four winningest programs in NCAA history. The two programs have 3,990 wins combined.
Duke vs. the Big 12
• Duke is 21-3 all-time against teams currently in the Big 12 conference, including a 21-2 mark under Coach K.
• Duke has won seven straight games against Big 12 opponents.
• Duke is 14-0 all-time at the Lahaina Civic Center with 10 of the victories coming by 10 or more points.
• Duke is 33-2 in neutral site contests since the start of the 2008-09 season. The Blue Devils have won one NCAA Championship, three ACC titles and three in-season tournaments in that span.
• The Blue Devils have won 14 consecutive non-postseason (ACC & NCAA Tournaments excluded) neutral site contests.
• The Blue Devils have won 29 of their last 31 non-conference contests. Duke is 57-6 in non-league games since the start of the 2008-09 season.
• Duke has won 34 consecutive games in November, dating back to a 73-62 loss to Marquette in the championship game of the 2006 CBE Classic. The Blue Devils are 114-10 all-time in the month of November under Coach K.
• Duke is 102-28 all-time when ranked No. 6 in the AP poll. The Blue Devils have won nine straight games when ranked sixth overall.
• Seth Curry has scored in double figures in all six games this season and is averaging a team-high 16.2 points per game. He is 14-of-24 from three-point range this season and now has 78 three-point field goals in 43 games a Blue Devil. Curry ranks second in the Duke record books with a .456 three-point field goal percentage (78-of-171).
• Five Blue Devils (Seth Curry, Austin Rivers, Ryan Kelly, Andre Dawkins and Mason Plumlee) are averaging over 10.0 points per game.
• Duke’s post rotation of Ryan Kelly, Mason Plumlee and Miles Plumlee combine to average 30.7 points and 20.5 rebounds per game. The trio is also shooting 59.6 percent (62-of-104) from the field on the year.
• Ryan Kelly has scored in double figures in five of Duke’s six games this season. Duke is 14-0 when Kelly scores 10 or more points in a contest.
• Duke is averaging 30.3 free throw attempts per game. The Blue Devils have made 20 more free throw than their opponents have attempted on the year.
• Austin Rivers has scored in double-figures in five of Duke’s six games this season. He ranks second on the team in scoring (15.2 ppg.), field goals (29), assists (15) and steals (8).
• Duke has shot over 50.0 percent from the field in three of six games this season. The Blue Devils are shooting an ACC-best 51.3 percent (157-of-306) from the field through six games.
• The Blue Devils have had four or more double-figure scorers in five of six games.
• Seth Curry is 11-of-17 (.647) from the field in two games at the Lahaina Civic Center. He is averaging 17.0 points and 2.0 three-point field goals per game in the last two games.