Postgame Notes * Dec. 20, 2011
With the Duke Victory...
- Improved to 8-2 on the season.
- Won its 15th straight game against a non-conference team at home.
- Registered its 30th consecutive win at home, which continues a school record.
- Won its 53rd out of the last 54 games in Cameron.
- Improved to 7-2 all-time against UNCW.
Freshman Elizabeth Williams
- Had 16 points, six rebounds, five assists, three blocks and three steals.
- Dished a career-high five assists.
- Hit her first field goal on the night to extend her consecutive field goals made streak to 12 over the last three games. Missed her second attempt to conclude the streak. It is the second-longest streak in school history (17 by Sheana Mosch in 2001).
Sophomore Chloe Wells
- Dished seven assists, had five steals three rebounds and had 11 points.
Junior Allison Vernerey
- Posted a season-high 18 points in the first half and went on to finish with a career-high 22 for the game.
- Hit 10-of-11 field goals for the game. The 10 field goals made was a career high.
- Had four rebounds, four assists and four steals in 19 minutes.
- Had a streak of 10 straight field goals over the last two games come to an end to start the second half. Hit 8-of-8 field goals in the first half.
Sophomore Haley Peters
- Had seven points, four rebounds, three assists and four assists in 24 minutes.
- Was saddled with two fouls in the first half and played only nine minutes and zero points.
Sophomore Chelsea Gray
- Totaled her second career double-double with 14 points and a career-high 10 assists.
Sophomore Tricia Liston
- Scored 18 points, had six rebounds, three assists and three steals in 20 minutes. Hit 8-of-14 field goals. Eight field goals made was a career high.
Other Duke Notes...
- Reached the 100-point mark for the fourth time in school history under Coach P - first of the 2011-12 campaign (107 points).
- Tied a school record with 36 assists.
- Hit 57.1 percent of its field goals for the game. Marks the second straight game with 50.0 or better percent shooting - fourth time this season.
- Had five players score double-figures.
- Scored a season-high 57 points in the first half (previous high was 50 vs. Gardner-Webb). It is the third-most points scored in the first half under Coach P.
- Will be off for Christmas break before returning to campus on Dec. 27. The Blue Devils will next travel to Temple for a Dec. 30 contest in Philadelphia, Pa.
- Had 78 points in the paint out of 107 total points.
- Scored 56 points off turnovers and forced a season-high 40 turnovers.
- Scored 51 points off the bench.
- Totaled a season-high 28 steals with five Blue Devils totaling four or more steals.
- Outrebounded UNCW, 41-24.
- Hit 57.1 percent from the field in both halves.
- Had a season-high 48 field goals made.
- The 107 points is the most points allowed by UNCW in school history.