Duke vs. Virginia Tech
Postgame Notes * Jan. 15, 2012
With the Duke Victory...
- Improved to 14-2 overall and 5-0 in ACC play on the season.
- Coach P became the second-quickest ACC coach to reach 50 league wins (61 games). The quickest was Kay Yow (57 games).
- Won its 50th ACC contest over the last five years and 64th over the last six.
- Won its 16th straight contest against Virginia Tech and eighth in a row in Blacksburgh.
- Improved the series lead to 18-2 against Virginia Tech.
- Won its eighth straight game of the season.
- Moved to 4-1 on the road this season.
Freshman Elizabeth Williams
- Had a game-high 20 points, seven rebounds and four blocks.
- Collected double-figure scoring for the 10th time this season and third time in league play.
- Hit a career-high 10 free throws and attempted a career high 12.
- With her four blocks, now owns 61 for the season and is in sole possession of eighth place on the ACC single-season freshman blocks list.
Sophomore Richa Jackson
- Registered 11 points, four rebounds and one assist in only 21 minutes.
Sophomore Tricia Liston
- Snapped a streak of nine straight games with at least one three-pointer.
- Had seven points and three rebounds in 29 minutes.
Sophomore Chelsea Gray
- Dished all four of her assists in the first half.
- Had six points, three rebounds, one block and one steal in 31 minutes.
Senior Kathleen Scheer
- Pulled down a season-high seven rebounds and five offensive in 21 minutes.
Junior Allison Vernerey
- Had nine points and seven rebounds off the bench in 21 minutes.
Other Duke Notes...
- Played its second game over the last three days.
- Snapped a 13-game streak with at least one three-pointer made as Duke hit 0-of-8.
- Had the second-lowest assist total of the season with 8.
- Totaled only five steals.
- Held Virginia Tech to 28.6 percent shooting and forced 20 turnovers.
- Had 28 points in the paint and scored 22 points off turnovers.
- Had a 12-0 advantage in points off the bench.
- Will next travel to Georgia Tech for a Wednesday, Jan. 18 game at 7:00 p.m., on ESPN3.