Postgame Notes * Feb. 15, 2012
With the Duke Victory...
- Maintains a first place lead in the ACC.
- Improved to 22-3 overall and 13-0 in ACC play on the season.
- Continued its best ACC start under Coach P with a 13-0 mark.
- Became just the ninth team in ACC history to notch a 13-0 start in ACC play.
- Registered its 29th straight home ACC win.
- Improved to 12-1 at home in 2011-12.
- Coach P moved to 69-5 in her five years at Duke at home.
- Won its 17th straight game against Virginia Tech.
- Moved the all-time series to 19-2 against the Hokies.
- Coach P moved to 10-1 all-time against Virginia Tech.
Sophomore Tricia Liston
- Had a team-high 17 points on 3-of-7 from downtown.
- Hit 6-of-6 free throws.
- Hit three or more treys for the eighth time this year.
Sophomore Chelsea Gray
- Had 15 points, four rebounds, two steals and six assists.
- With her six assists, has 154 on the season, which ranks tied for fourth on Duke's single-season list.
- Tied a career high with seven free throws made on seven attempts.
- Reached double-figure scoring for the 17th time this season and the fifth time out of the last six contests.
Freshman Elizabeth Williams
- Had 12 points, eight rebounds, two assists, one block and one steal.
- Tied a career high with 12 free throw attempts.
- With her 95 blocks on the season, moved to tied for eight on the ACC single season blocks list.
- Reached double-figure scoring for the 11th straight game.
Sophomore Haley Peters
- Totaled 11 points, nine rebounds and one steal.
- Posted double-figure scoring for the third straight game and the 16th time this year.
Sophomore Richa Jackson
- With 9:21 left in the first half, Richa Jackson went down with a left knee injury and did not return. Will have a MRI on Thursday.
- Had two points in eight minutes.
Senior Shay Selby
- Totaled nine points, three rebounds and two steals in 30 minutes.
Other Duke Notes...
- Attempted a season-high 20 free throws in the first half, while hitting 14. Finished the game hitting 25-of-34. Both the free throws and attempts are a season high.
- Had four double-figure scorers.
- Scored 26 points in the paint and scored 15 points off turnovers.
- Had 18 points off the bench.
- Hit only 35.2 percent from the field.
- Outrebounded Virginia Tech, 45-35.
- Held Virginia Tech to 25.0 percent shooting in the second half and forced 18 turnovers.
- Turned the ball over only 12 times.
- Following the injury to Jackson at 9:01 in the first, Duke conclude the first half hitting only 2-of-12 field goals.
- Went the first 11 minutes of the first half without a turnover.
- Will next travel to eighth-ranked Maryland on Sunday, Feb. 19 at 3:00 p.m. The game will be televised live on ESPN2.