Duke vs. N.C. State
ACC Tournament Quarterfinals
Postgame Notes * March 2, 2012
With the Duke Loss...
- Drops to 24-5 overall.
- Snapped a 17-game winning streak in the opening round of the ACC Tournament.
- Broke a six-game ACC Tournament winning streak.
- Lost for the first time in school history to a No. 9 seed (8-1).
- Coach P dropped to 10-3 all-time in the ACC Tournament.
- Snapped a six-game winning streak against the Wolfpack.
- Moved the overall series record to 32-40 in favor of N.C. State.
- Lost for only the third time out of the last 19 games to the Wolfpack.
- Dropped its first game in the ACC Tournament for the first time since 1994 (Maryland).
- Snapped a streak of four straight appearances in the ACC Tournament title game.
- Broke a 14-game winning streak for No. 1 seeds against No. 9 seeds.
- Will next await the NCAA Tournament selection show on Monday, March 12 at 7 pm.
Sophomore Tricia Liston
- Hit 4-of-6 three-pointers.
- Finished with 14 points, two rebounds and two assists.
Sophomore Chelsea Gray
- Scored a career-high 25 points on 10-of-17 field goals.
- The 10 field goals made was a career high and 17 field goal attempts tied a career high.
- Hit only 4-of-9 free throws, after entering the game hitting 81.8 percent from the line.
- Pulled down seven rebounds, had three steals and had two assists.
- Scored a season-high 16 points in the first half, previous high in the first half was 14 at Maryland on 2-19-12.
Freshman Elizabeth Williams
- Totaled 12 points, had seven rebounds, two assists and seven blocked shots.
- Fouled out for the first time this season.
- Swatted an ACC Tournament single game record seven blocked shots.
- Totaled double-figure scoring for the 15th straight game.
Sophomore Haley Peters
- Had five points, four rebounds, two steals in 29 minutes.
Senior Shay Selby
- Posted 10 points, four assists, three rebounds, one steal.
- Had a career high two blocked shots.
- Totaled double-figure scoring for the fourth time this season.
Other Duke Notes...
- Duke had advanced to the ACC Tournament semifinals every year since 1995.
- Blue Devils hit only 9-of-19 from the field.
- It marks the first time a No. 1 seed hasn't advanced to the semifinals of the ACC Tournament in league history.
- Had 22 turnovers and N.C. State scored 26 points off turnovers.
- Scored 36 points in the paint.
- Hit 47.5 percent of its field goals.
- Hit 6-of-15 from downtown.