Duke at Vanderbilt - NCAA Tournament Second Round
Postgame Notes * March 20, 2012
Postgame Notes * March 20, 2012
With the Duke Victory…
• Moved to 26-5 on the season and advances to the Fresno Regional semifinal. Will play St. John’s on Saturday, March 24.
• Coach P improved to 21-15 all-time in NCAA Tournament action, including an 11-4 mark at Duke.
• Moved to 3-1 all-time against No. 7 seeds in the tournament.
• Is now 15-5 all-time when seeded No. 2.
• Coach P moved to 8-2 all-time when seeded No. 2.
• Improved to 4-2 against Vanderbilt and 29-14 versus the SEC.
• Coach P moved to 2-1 all-time against Vanderbilt.
• Improved to 11-2 on the road this season.
• Gave Vanderbilt only its second loss at home this season (18-2).
Sophomore Tricia Liston
• Posted her second straight 20-point game in the NCAA Tournament.
• Tied a career high with 23 points on 10-of-15 field goals.
• Ten field goals was a career high.
• Hit 5-of-7 three-pointers in the NCAA Tournament.
• Made her second NCAA Tournament start of her career, which was her 15th start of the season and 17th of her career.
Sophomore Chelsea Gray
• With her three steals, moved into a tie for fourth with 85.
• Totaled 12 assists, which is the most in a NCAA Tournament game by a Blue Devil.
• Fourth career double-double with 12 points, 12 assists.
• Totaled double-figure scoring for 23rd game this season and the seventh straight game.
Freshman Elizabeth Williams
• With her 13 points, moved into tied for third with 439 points.
• Had 13 points, six rebounds, four assists, three steals, two blocks in 26 minutes.
• Scored double-figures for the 17th straight game.
Sophomore Haley Peters
• Scored a career-high 25 points with career-highs of 12 field goals, 16 attempts.
• Had six rebounds, two assists, two steals.
• Posted double-figure scoring for the 19th time this season
• Has posted 10+ points in 4-of-6 career NCAA Tournament games.
Senior Shay Selby
• Had a season-high 12 points
• Dished a career high seven assists.
• Hit 5-of-6 field goals.
Freshman Ka’lia Johnson
• Hit her second career three-pointer in the first half.
Other Duke Notes…
• The 96 points was the most in the NCAA Tournament second round in Duke’s history.
• The 56 points in the first half is the most in the 2012 NCAA Tournament.
• Allowed a season-high 80 points.
• Had a season-high 65.6 percent field goal percentage.
• Hit a season-high 63.6 percent from three-point land.
• All five starters scored double-figures for the second time this season.
• Liston & Peters with 20 or more points marking the first time with two players with 20+points since 2008.
• Shot 67.6 percent from the field in the first half, which is the second-highest the season in the first half.
• Had a season-low two turnovers in the first half and finished the game with 13.
• Totaled 50 or more points in the first half for only the fourth time this season.
• With its 11 steals, moved into 10th place on Duke’s single-season list.
• Tied a season high with 15 assists in the first half and ended the game with 28.
• When dishing 20 or more assists in Coach P’s five years, Duke is now 27-0.
• Appearing in its 18th consecutive and 19th overall trip in the NCAA Tournament.