Duke vs Ohio State • ACC/Big Ten Challenge
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 • 9:35 p.m. • ESPN/ESPN3/WatchESPN
Durham, N.C. • Cameron Indoor Stadium
Play-by-Play: Brent Musburger
Analyst: Jay Bilas
Blue Devil IMG Sports Network
Play-by-Play: Bob Harris
Analyst: John Roth
Sirius/XM - 91
THE OPENING TIP
• Duke is ranked No. 2 in both the AP Poll and the USA Today Coaches Poll. Ohio State is ranked No. 4 in both polls.
• The Blue Devils are 6-0 on the year and looking to improve to 7-0 for the third straight season and fourth time in the last five seasons.
• Duke won the Battle 4 Atlantis Championship last week after defeating Minnesota, VCU and No. 2 Louisville. Quinn Cook was named MVP of the tournament and Mason Plumlee earned all-tournament honors. The tournament championship gave Duke 23 consecutive regular-season tournament wins.
• Duke’s senior trio of Seth Curry, Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee combines to average 48.5 points per game, which is 62.0 percent of Duke’s total scoring. Those three have 17 double-figure scoring games this season.
• Ohio State will be the third top-three team Duke has faced this season and the third 2012 NCAA Final Four team Duke has played.
Duke-Ohio State Series:
• Duke and Ohio State are tied 3-3 in the all-time series. Ohio State won the last meeting, 85-63, in Columbus during the 2011 ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Duke’s last win over the Buckeyes came on Dec. 3, 2002, a 91-76 win at the Greensboro Coliseum.
• Coach K is 1-1 against Ohio State during his tenure at Duke.
DUKE VS. THE BIG TEN
• Duke owns a 67-26 record against teams currently in the Big Ten.
DUKE IN THE ACC/BIG TEN CHALLENGE
• Duke is 11-2 all-time in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge and leads all teams in wins and winning percentage.
• The Blue Devils are 4-0 when playing ACC/Big Ten Challenge games in Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• Duke, ranked No. 2 in the latest AP Poll, has been ranked in the top 10 of the poll 97 consecutive weeks. The last time Duke was not ranked in the top 10 was Nov. 19, 2007.
• Wednesday’s game marks Duke’s third matchup against a top 5 opponent this season. The Blue Devils topped No. 3 Kentucky (75-68) and No. 2 Louisville (76-71) earlier this season.
• Duke is 21-12 under Coach K when both teams are ranked in the top five of the AP poll.
• Duke has won 8 of its last 11 meetings against top 10 ranked opponents.
• The Blue Devils are playing their 183rd straight game as a top-10 team in the AP poll. Duke is 152-30 in that span.
• Duke has won 55 of its last 56 games in the month of November dating back to the start of the 2004-05 season. The lone loss was last season to Ohio State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
• The Blue Devils have won 42 of their last 47 non-conference contests. Duke is 74-9 in non-league games since the start of the 2008-09 season.
• Duke is 110-16 all-time when ranked No. 2 in the country. The Blue Devils have won four straight games when holding the second spot in the AP poll.
• Duke’s starting lineup has accounted for 91.1 percent of the team’s total scoring this season with 427 of Duke’s 469 points through six games. The starters have scored 224 of Duke’s 232 points over the last three games.
• Duke is the only school in the nation scheduled to play three teams (Kentucky, Louisville & Ohio State) that advanced to the 2012 NCAA Final Four. The Blue Devils are one of only seven schools scheduled to face multiple Final Four teams from last year’s NCAA Tournament.
• Duke is 96-13 (.881) with Ryan Kelly in the lineup. He currently ranks fourth at Duke in career winning percentage.
• Mason Plumlee has shot 50.0 percent or better from the field in each of the past 12 games dating back to last season. Plumlee is 68-of-102 (.667) from the field, including 41-of-61 (.672) this season.
• Mason Plumlee and Seth Curry combine to average 36.7 points per game. Both players have reached double-figures in scoring in all six games, while also topping the 20-point mark two times apiece.
• Freshman Rasheed Sulaimon has scored in double-figures in five straight games and is the third-leading freshman scorer in the ACC at 12.0 ppg.
• Quinn Cook entered the starting lineup prior to the Florida Gulf Coast game and has responded by averaging 12.3 points, 3.5 rebounds and 7.0 assists over the last four contests. Cook was named ACC Co-Player of the Week and Battle 4 Atlantis MVP after guiding Duke to wins over Minnesota, VCU and No. 2 Louisville last week.
• The Blue Devils have made 117 free throws on the season, while allowing their opponents just 107 free throw attempts. Duke has made 20 or more free throws while shooting over 80.0 percent from the line in three consecutive contests.
• Mason Plumlee is shooting 80.0 percent from the charity stripe, while taking 7.5 free throw attempts per game. Plumlee entered the season shooting 50.5 percent from the free throw line in his career.