Virginia Tech at #4 Duke
Postgame Notes l January 16, 2013
With the Duke Victory…
• Improves to 16-0 overall and 6-0 in ACC play on the season.
• Remained the only undefeated team in NCAA Division I.
• Won its 33rd straight home ACC game in Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• Notched its 18th consecutive victory against Virginia Tech.
• Posted its ninth straight win versus the Hokies at home.
• Coach P moved to 11-1 overall against Virginia Tech and won her 11th straight.
• Moved the all-time series to 20-2 against the Hokies.
• Coach P moved to 77-5 in Cameron Indoor Stadium since arriving in 2007-08.
• Notched its 12th consecutive overall win in Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Took a charge on the night and now owns 11 on the season.
• Tied a career high with seven steals.
• Had 12 points, three assists and two rebounds in 30 minutes.
• Notched double-figure scoring for the 13th time this season and the 56th time in her career. Snapped a two-game streak of without scoring double-figures.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Totaled 20 points, eight rebounds and three blocked shots.
• Hit 7-of-10 field goals.
• Reached 20 or more points for the fourth time this season and seventh time in her career.
• Blocked a shot for the 49th straight game since arriving at Duke.
• Notched 11 first half points in 17 minutes.
• Totaled double-figure scoring for the 19th consecutive game against an ACC opponent.
• Netted double-figure scoring in her fourth straight game, 13th game this season and 40th career contest.
Freshman Alexis Jones
• Registered a career-high six steals, which ranks tied for seventh in the Duke freshman record books.
• Had six points and one assist in 23 minutes.
Junior Haley Peters
• Pulled down a team-high 10 rebounds, which marks the fifth time this season she has totaled double-figure rebounds.
• Held to five points on 2-of-11 shooting.
Other Duke Notes…
• Totaled a 36-10 advantage in points in the paint.
• The 58 points was a season low.
• Virginia Tech’s 26 points was a season low and a school record for fewest in a game.
• The 26 points allowed was the fewest since allowing 26 against Elon on Nov. 21, 2003.
• Held to a season-low 35.4 percent shooting.
• Had a season-low eight assists.
• Registered 19 steals, which is Duke’s most against an ACC opponent this season.
• Held an opponent to under 40 points for the third time this season and the 22nd time under Coach P since arriving in 2007-08.
• Did not score a field goal for the final 10:01 of the first half. The Blue Devils went on a 13-0 run to close the first half.
• Held Virginia Tech to no field goals from the 10:02 mark of the first half until the 17:18 mark of the second half. Duke went on a 24-0 run to take a 40-12 lead.
• Posted a 49-34 rebounding advantage.
• Tied a season low with two three-pointers on nine attempts.
• Will next travel to Storrs, Conn., on Monday, Jan. 21 for an ESPN2 contest against third-ranked Connecticut at 7:00 p.m.
MORE DUKE ATHLETIC FACILITIES, GAME OPERATIONS AND CHAMPIONSHIPS