Duke Aiming for NCAA Postseason Run
- The Blue Devils, while not playing for an ACC title this weekend, are anticipating they will host an NCAA first round game the weekend of May 11-12. The selection show will be aired live on ESPNU at 9 p.m., May 5. Duke remained at No. 2 in the NCAA RPI following its ACC semifinal loss to Notre Dame. The Blue Devils are 5-2 against the top 10 with all five wins coming against those in the top nine, including Nos. 3, 5,6 and 7.
- Duke will be making its 23rd appearance in the NCAA Tournament and the 13th straight. The Blue Devils are 36-19 overall, have advanced to NCAA Championship Weekend 12 times, nine of which have come under current head coach John Danowski. Since 2007, Duke is 27-9 in NCAA postseason play and won the 2010, 2013 and 2014 NCAA titles.
CJ Carpenter Continues Scoring Spurt
- Senior CJ Carpenter continues to make the most of his opportunities at attack for the Blue Devils. The Durham, N.C., native registered a career-high four goals in the setback to the Fighting Irish last Saturday. It marked his fourth straight game with multiple goals and his third in four with four points. Prior to this stretch, Carpenter had four goals on the season. For his career, he has 24 points with 19 of those coming this season and 14 in the past four contests.
Badour Returns for Blue Devils
- Sophomore Cameron Badour returned to the field for the Blue Devils last Saturday, scoring a man-up goal. It was his first action since March 12 against Utah. In his first eight games Badour, who missed his rookie season to injury, had six goals, including two on extra man.
Turner Uppgren Train Continues Full Steam Ahead
- With a full season of starts between the pipes under his belt, Turner Uppgren has hit his stride in goal. The senior backstop has made double digit saves in five of the past six games and stopped at least 50 percent of the shots on goal in each of the past six. He sports a 9.16 goals against average to rank fourth nationally. His .521 save percentage and 9.20 saves per game are second in the ACC. He most recently tied his career high with 15 saves against the Irish.
Closing the Books on 2018-19 Academic Calendar
- With final exams set to finish May 4, the Blue Devils will officially close their book on the 2018-19 school schedule. Four Duke players finished their Master of Management Studies and 11 others will graduate May 12 at Duke University’s 2019 Commencement.
Premier Lacrosse League Holds Inaugural Draft
- With unfinished business still left to tend to in Durham, a trio of Blue Devil seniors were drafted in the inaugural Premier Lacrosse League draft aired on NBC Sports Network. Midfielder Brad Smith was the highest Blue Devil taken with the No. 9 overall pick by the Whipsnakes. Atlas grabbed Cade Van Raaphorst at No. 11 and John Prendergast was 24th by the Archers.
- The Premier Lacrosse League is set to kick off its first season June 1-2 in Foxborough, Mass., with a trio of games at Gillette Stadium. The teams will travel across the country over the course of the summer with the playoffs starting Sept. 6-7 in Columbus, Ohio and concluding Sept. 21 in Philadelphia with the championship game.