NCAA Regional Final:  Duke vs.  Louisville
Sunday, March 31, 2013 • 5:05 p.m. • CBS
Indianapolis, Ind. • Lucas Oil Stadium (36,000)
Play-by-Play: Jim Nantz
Analyst: Clark Kellogg
Sideline: Tracy Wolfson
Blue Devil IMG Sports Network
Sirius/XM – 94/190
Play-by-Play: Bob Harris
Analyst: John Roth
Play-by-Play: Kevin Kugler
Analyst: Pete Gillen
The Opening Tip
• Duke defeated No. 3 seed Michigan State 71-61 in the NCAA Sweet 16 to advance to the Elite Eight for the 13th time under head coach Mike Krzyzewski.
• Duke is 11-1 in the Elite Eight under Coach K and 16-2 all-time. Duke has won each of the last four NCAA Tournament Regional Final contests (1999, 2001, 2004 & 2010).
• Duke is playing in its 18th consecutive NCAA Tournament, the longest active streak of any program.
• Duke is 26-8 when playing as a No. 2 seed in the tournament. The Blue Devils are 13-3 when playing in the Midwest Region.
• Duke is 8-4 against No. 1 seeds in the NCAA Tournament.
• The Blue Devils are ranked No. 6 in the AP Poll and No. 7 in the USA Today Coaches Poll. Duke is 5-0 this season and 76-24 overall when ranked No. 6 in the country.
The Last Time Out
• Seth Curry scored 29 points and hit six three-pointers to lead No. 2 seed Duke past No. 3 seed Michigan State, 71-61, in the NCAA Midwest Regional Semifinal Friday.
• Curry hit six straight three-pointers, including his first three to start the second half, to spark a 24-11 Duke run that turned a tied game (38-38) into a 62-50 Duke lead.
• Duke shot 24-of-26 (.923) from the free throw line to set a school record for highest free throw percentage in an NCAA Tournament game (min. 20 FTA). Rasheed Sulaimon tied Duke’s single-game NCAA Tournament record with 12 made free throws.
• Duke held Michigan State to 1-of-13 shooting during a span of 12:47 in the second half. The Spartans missed nine straight field goals during that drought and went 8:30 without making a field goal.
• Duke advanced to the Elite Eight for the 19th time in school history and 13th time under head coach Mike Krzyzewski. Duke is 16-2 all-time in the Elite Eight and 11-1 under Coach K.
• The Blue Devils recorded their 2,000th win this season to become the fourth program in NCAA Division I history to reach that mark. Duke is 2,001-839 all-time and is one win shy of becoming the third team in NCAA history to record 100 NCAA Tournament wins.
• Friday’s win over Michigan State was Duke’s 30th of the season, giving the Blue Devils at least 30 wins for the 13th time in school history. All of those 30-win seasons have come under head coach Mike Krzyzewski, who has reached that plateau more than any coach in NCAA history.
• Duke is 4-0 against top-five teams this season. Duke defeated No. 2 Louisville in the Battle 4 Atlantis on Nov. 24, 2012 and has also taking down No. 3 Kentucky, No. 4 Ohio State and No. 5 Miami.
• The Blue Devils are 9-1 on neutral courts this season with top-25 wins over No. 2 Louisville, No. 3 Kentucky, No. 9 Michigan State and No. 22 Creighton. Duke’s lone neutral site loss came against Maryland in the ACC Tournament.
• Duke was ranked No. 6 in the final AP Poll of the 2012-13 season. The senior trio of Seth Curry, Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee spent their entire careers ranked in the top 10 of the AP Poll.
• Duke is 16-0 against non-conference teams.
• Seth Curry has scored at least 20 points in two of Duke’s three NCAA Tournament games and is averaging 24.0 points per game in the tournament. Curry is shooting 50.0 percent (10-of-20) from three-point range in those three games with 3.3 made three-pointers per game.
• Seth Curry has hit a three-pointer in 17 consecutive games and is shooting .440 (51-of-116) from three-point range during that streak.
• Duke is 21-1 with Ryan Kelly in the lineup this season, including a 4-0 mark against top-five teams. Kelly is among the winningest players at Duke, posting a 111-14 (.888) record to rank third on Duke’s all-time winning percentage list.
• Rasheed Sulaimon leads Duke in made free throws (24) and free throw attempts (30) in the NCAA Tournament. Sulaimon hit 12-of-14 free throws in the 71-61 win over No. 3 seed Michigan State.
The Duke-Louisville Series
• Duke is 5-3 all-time against Louisville and 1-3 under Coach K. Duke won the last meeting, 76-71, on Nov. 24, 2012 in the Battle 4 Atlantis Championship game.
• Sunday’s meeting will mark the fourth straight game that both Duke and Louisville have been ranked in the AP top 10. At least one of the teams has been ranked in the top 10 in six of the previous eight meetings.
• For more on the Duke-Louisville series, visit: http://tinyurl.com/ck9ukl7
Duke in the NCAA Tournament
• Duke is 99-32 (.756) all-time in the NCAA Tournament over 37 total appearances. Head coach Mike Krzyzewski is 82-24 in the NCAA Tournament and has the most NCAA Tournament wins in Division I history.
• Duke has played in the national championship game 10 times, including eight times under Coach K.
• Duke is 14-2 against the 2013 NCAA Tournament field.
• Duke has received a No. 1 or No. 2 seed in 15 of the past 17 seasons.
• Duke is 7-1 in NCAA Tournament games played in Indianapolis, Ind. Duke won the 2010 and 1991 NCAA Championships in Indianapolis.