|DUKE (2-0, 0-0 ACC)
|Schedule & Results|
|Duke (2-0, 0-0) vs. Michigan State (1-0, 0-0)
|When: Nov. 14 | 7 PM (ET)|
|Where: United Center|
|Watch Live: ESPN|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
The Opening Tip
- First-ranked Duke will square off with second-ranked Michigan State on Tuesday in the first matchup of top ranked teams since January 2016. The game marks the 42nd time since 1949 that AP No. 1 faces No. 2, with the No. 1 team holding a 21-20 edge. Duke is 3-2 as the No. 1 playing against the No. 2.
- The Blue Devils are 257-75 (.774) in neutral settings under head coach Mike Krzyzewski, including a 3-3 mark in the Champions Classic. Duke has won five straight neutral site games against ranked squads.
- Duke and Michigan State will meet for the second straight season. Lasts season, the Blue Devils earned a 78-69 victory in Cameron Indoor Stadium, with Grayson Allen scoring a team-high 24 points. Krzyzewski is 11-1 in his career against the Spartans.
- Saturday, Krzyzewski picked up his 1,000th career win at Duke. His career record at Duke improved to 1,000-271 in this, his 38th season.
- Freshman forward Marvin Bagley III became Duke’s first freshman to post double-doubles in each of his first two collegiate games. The rookie also matched the Duke record held by Jabari Parker for most points by a freshman over the first two games of a career (49).
- Through two games, freshman guard Trevon Duval has 20 assists against just one turnover. He shattered a Duke record set by Chris Duhon in 2000 for most assists through the first two games of a career (12).