|Schedule & Results|
|Game Notes vs. Wake Forest|
|Wake Forest (8-8, 1-3) at No. 7 Duke (14-2, 2-2)
|When: Jan. 13 | 12:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: Cameron Indoor Stadium|
|Watch Live: ACC Network|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
The Opening Tip
- No. 7 Duke and Wake Forest meet for the 248th time on the hardwood Saturday afternoon at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- The Blue Devils are the only team ranked among the NCAA’s top 10 in scoring (93.5; 2nd), rebounds (44.1; 1st) and assists (20.1, 2nd). The Blue Devils are also second nationally in rebound margin (+11.8) and sixth in field goal pct. (.514).
- Marvin Bagley III leads the ACC in scoring (22.1) and rebounding (11.8) and is tied for second in the NCAA in double-doubles (13). Trevon Duval leads the ACC in assists (6.25), while Grayson Allen is second in the league in assist-to-turnover ratio (3.00).
- Allen has been named one of 30 candidates for the Senior CLASS Award, while Bagley and Allen are two of 25 nationally on the Wooden Award Midseason List.
- Wake Forest enters the contest with an 8-8 overall record and 1-3 in the ACC.
- Bryant Crawford leads the Demon Deacon in scoring (16.4) and has a team-high 70 assists. Keyshawn Woods is the only other Demon Deacon averaging double figures in scoring (14.8).
- It will be the 248th meeting between Duke and Wake Forest, breaking a tie with NC State for Duke’s most frequently played rival.
- The Blue Devils lead the series versus Wake, 169-78 and have won six straight. Last year saw Duke beat the Demon Deacons twice, a 99-94 win at home and an 85-83 victory on the road. Luke Kennard led Duke in scoring in both games, pouring in 34 points on the road and 23 at home.