|No. 3 Duke vs. Hartford
|When: Dec. 5 | 7:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: Cameron Indoor Stadium|
|Watch Live: ESPN 2|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
- No. 3 Duke remains home Wednesday night for a match-up versus the University of Hartford at Cameron Indoor.
- The teams are meeting for the first time, and the Blue Devils are 8-0 all-time versus America East Conference teams.
- Freshman RJ Barrett leads the ACC in scoring (23.1), just ahead of classmate Zion Williamson, who is second (20.8).
- Barrett is the ACC Freshman of the Week this week, averaging 24.0 points and 8.0 rebounds in wins over Indiana and Stetson last week.
- Williamson leads the conference in blocked shots (18) and is tied for the lead in steals (16), is second in field goal percentage (.677) and sixth in rebounding (8.8).
- With Barrett and Williamson, Duke is the only power conference school to have multiple players averaging 20.0+ points per game. They are the only freshman duo nationally to each be averaging 20.0+ points.
- Freshman Tre Jones leads the ACC in total assists (48) and assist-turnover ratio (6.00). His 6.00 ratio is second nationally and he is 34th nationally in assists/game (6.0).
- Freshman Cam Reddish has hit at least one three in every game, and his 26 made treys are tied for the ACC lead.
- Barrett is 19th nationally in scoring, Williamson is 45th in scoring, while Jones is second in assist-turnover ratio.
- Duke enters the Hartford game leading the country in blocked shots per game (7.4), ranked fifth nationally in scoring and sixth in steals per game (10.0).
On This Date
Duke is 20-7 all-time when playing on December 5, and the Blue Devils have been ranked in the top 10 in each of their last 12 games played on this date…Duke defeated St. Francis (Pa.), 124-67 at home last season on December 5.
Duke vs. Hartford
Duke and Hartford have never met in men’s basketball…Duke is 8-0 versus America East Conference schools…The Hawks were 19-14 last season, 11-5 in AmEast games, and lost at San Diego in the first round of the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament…Hartford head coach John Gallagher played at St. Joseph’s and played against a Duke team that included Blue Devil assistants Nate James and Chris Carrawell -- an 89-60 Duke win at Cameron on Nov. 20, 1996.
Barrett Earns ACC Weekly Honor
This week’s ACC Rookie of the Week, RJ Barrett enters the Hartford game leading the ACC in scoring (23.1), with classmate Zion Williamson (20.8) second in scoring…Barrett averaged a team-best 24.0 points and 8.0 rebounds in a pair of dominant wins over Indiana and Stetson…In the Stetson win, he became the first player in Duke history to go for 25+ points, 7+ rebounds, 7+ assists and 4+ steals, as he scored a game-high 26 points with seven rebounds, seven assists and four steals in just 18 minutes…Barrett and Williamson have each been named the ACC Rookie of the Week once this season, and over the last five-plus seasons, Duke has had the ACC Rookie of the Week more than 50 percent of the time (47 of possible 91 weeks).
The Duke Effect
Duke has played in the three most-watched college basketball games this season to date -- games on ESPN versus Kentucky (2.85 million viewers), Auburn (2.30) and Gonzaga (2.17)…Last regular season, Duke played in three of the four most-watched games, four of the top seven and seven of the top 20.