Courtesy: Duke Sports Information Release: 02/03/2013
BDN+ Premium Content
#5 Duke at #11 North Carolina
Postgame Notes * February 3, 2013
With the Duke Victory…
• Moved to 20-1 overall and 10-0 in ACC action.
• Reached 20 wins for the 16th straight year and the 18th out of the last 19 years.
• Coach P reached 20 victories for her 17th time as a head coach.
• Netted its 10th ACC victory of the season marking the 16th straight year the Blue Devils have netted 10 league wins.
• Won its fifth straight game against North Carolina and second consecutive at UNC.
• Moved the all-time series record to 37-47 in favor of UNC.
• Coach P moved to 7-8 all-time against North Carolina.
• Moved to 3-1 this season against ranked opponents.
• The 10-0 mark in ACC action is tied for the fourth-best start in school history.
• Improved to 8-1 on the season on the road.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Posted her third double-double of the season and eighth of her career with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
• Blocked two shots on the day.
• Notched double-digit scoring for the 23rd straight ACC contest .
• Blocked a shot for the 54th straight game since arriving at Duke.
Junior Haley Peters
• Notched 14 points, seven rebounds and five assists in 37 minutes.
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Collected seven points, six rebounds, five rebounds and two steals in 26 minutes.
• With her two assists, moved into a tie for 10th place on Duke’s single-season steals chart with 80.
• Took two charges to move into a tie for fourth on Duke’s all-time charges list with 31.
Junior Tricia Liston
• Scored 15 points hitting 3-of-6 treys.
• With her three treys, moved into ninth place on Duke’s all-time three-pointers made list with 130.
• Came off the bench for the fourth consecutive contest.
Freshman Alexis Jones
• Notched nine points, seven rebounds, three assists and two steals in 25 minutes.
Junior Chloe Wells
• Scored a career-high 18 points.
• Drained 6-of-7 three-pointers, which were both career highs.
• Had three steals, one rebound and one assist in 31 minutes.
• Became the 12th Duke player to hit six or more three-pointers in a game. The six treys is tied for the third-highest in school history (7 is record).
• Made her fourth straight start.
Other Duke Notes…
• Held a 50-19 advantage at halftime, hitting 55.9 percent from the field in the first half.
• Hit a season-high 11 three-pointers on 18 attempts for a 61.1 percentage.
• Outrebound UNC, 45-40.
• Scored 24 points off 24 UNC turnovers.
• Scored 80 or more points against UNC for the third time out of the last four games.
• Held a 23-7 advantage in points off the bench.
• Will next travel to Charlottesville, Va., on Friday, Feb. 8 for a road contest at Virginia at 7:00 PM on ESPN3.