Courtesy: Duke Sports Information Release: 03/07/2014
BDN+ Premium Content
No. 7 Seed Georgia Tech vs. No. 2 Seed Duke ACC Tournament Quarterfinals Postgame Notes March 7, 2014
With the Duke Victory…
• Improved to 26-5 overall and advanced to the ACC Tournament semifinals where it will face the winner of the No. 3 seed Maryland vs. No. 6 seed North Carolina on Saturday, March 8 at 7:30 PM. • Advanced to the ACC Tournament semifinals for the 19th time out of the last 20 years. • Coach P became the fourth-quickest Division I head coach to reach 200 wins at an institution in only 240 games. • Won its 37th straight game against Georgia Tech. Improved its series record to 59-7 and is now 6-0 in ACC Tournament play versus the Yellow Jackets. • Moved to 3-0 all-time against No. 7 seeds in the ACC Tournament • Now owns a 43-28 record in ACC Tournament play. • Owns an ACC-best 33 ACC Tournament wins since 2000. • Has notched a 35-7 in the Greensboro Coliseum, while notching a 33-6 mark in ACC Tournament play in the coliseum. • Coach P moved to 14-3 in ACC Tournament play since taking over the Blue Devil program. • Joanne P. McCallie is now 38-12 all-time in league tournament play as a head coach in 23 years.
• Posted 14 points, five rebounds, four assists and two steals. • Drained a career-high two three-pointers in the first half, after hitting only five in her previous 84 contests. • Played a career-high 32 minutes. • Made her first collegiate start.
• Totaled 15 points, two assists, one rebound and one steal. • Now owns 551 points this season to rank 10th on Duke’s single season charts. • With her one three-pointer made, tie her own school record for three-pointers made with 80 for the season.
• Collected 19 points, 10 rebounds and one assist. • Notched her sixth double-double of the season and 17th of her career. • Hit 8-of-12 field goals. • It marked her second career double-double in ACC Tournament play.
• Pulled down 13 rebounds, had eight points, three blocks and two steals in 19 minutes. • Collected double-figure rebounds for the fourth time this season.
Other Duke Notes…
• As a team, blocked 13 shots marking the sixth time this year the Blue Devils have swatted 10 or more shots. The 13 blocks is a new ACC Tournament single-game record and tied a season high. • Held Georgia Tech to 23.6 percent shooting for the game. • Outrebounded the Yellow Jackets, 49-36. • Hit 52.9 percent from the field marking the 17th time this year the Blue Devils have hit 50.0 percent or better from the field. • The 82 points is the most scored by Duke in the quarterfinals since 2005 (107 vs. Wake Forest). • Turned the ball over only 15 times.