Duke Soccer A-Z Game Day Guide
It is strictly prohibited to bring alcohol into Koskinen Stadium. Individuals violating this policy are subject to ejection from the stadium.
There is not an ATM inside Koskinen Stadium. The BB&T ATM is located just outside the south entrance doors of Cameron Indoor Stadium (Wallace Wade Stadium side) and will be accessible 24-7. The ATM only dispenses cash ($20 increments) and does not take deposits.
Banners and Signs
Banners and signs are permitted inside Koskinen Stadium, however Duke reserves the right to prohibit or require the cessation of any display of a banner or sign that obstructs the view of other fans, obscures stadium signage, can be considered an advertisement, or is determined to be obscene, vulgar, indecent, inappropriate, or derogatory.
Bull City Connector
The Bull City Connector is a fare-free, hybrid-electric bus service that connects downtown Durham with the Duke University campus. The route provides direct access to Duke and includes stops along Main Street and Erwin Road. The service also includes a stop at Durham Station, the city's transportation hub with public bus service and within walking distance of the American Tobacco Campus and the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The Bull City Connector is also ideal for bicyclists, who can ride to a Connector stop and take their bike to campus by using a bike rack on the front of the bus.
The easiest way to get to games using the Bull City Connector is to get off at Duke Hospital South on Trent Road. Once you get off at Duke Hospital South, walk on the sidewalk down Flowers Drive. Cut up to the West Campus Quad. Walk all the way down the Quad until you reach Towerview Drive. Cross Towerview Drive and follow the sidewalk to Koskinen Stadium, which will be on your left. Click here for a map to show you where to go.
Hand-held still cameras are permitted for personal use only. No cameras are permitted into the stadium with a lens longer than four (4) inches. Video cameras are permitted to be used during pre-game and halftime only. Video cameras are prohibited from filming the game.
A great variety of food items and Coca-Cola products are available from the concession stand located at the northwest entrance of Koskinen Stadium. Blue Devil Concessions operates the concession stands in Koskinen Stadium. Stands are open 60 minutes prior to the start of the game.
Duke Athletics expects all fans to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times before, during, and after the competition. We expect all fans to treat other fans, players, coaches and officials with courtesy. Please join us in creating a fun, safe, family atmosphere at Koskinen Stadium by not:
- Interfering with other guests’ ability to enjoy the game;
- Using/displaying foul or abusive language or gestures;
- Appearing to be intoxicated or in a diminished capacity;
- Failing to produce a ticket upon request;
- Entering the competition or restricted access areas;
- Smoking except in designated areas;
- Throwing objects onto the competition area or within the venue; or
- Otherwise being disorderly.
Click here for information on local dining
Directions to Koskinen Stadium
• During any emergency inside the stadium, follow the directions of the PA announcer, event staff and emergency responders.
• Always designate a pre-determined location both inside and outside the stadium to meet friends and family in case you get separated or in the event of an emergency.
• Upon arriving at your seat location, first find the nearest exit and then locate an alternate exit in case of emergency.
• If you see or become aware of any activity that is unusual, suspicious or causes you concern, report the activity to the nearest police officer or event staff. Patrons may also tweet @Duke_GAMEDAY.
• Emergency vehicles may be present in and around the stadium. Please do not obstruct the path of travel of a fire truck or emergency vehicle or interfere with any of their operations. Vehicles blocking emergency vehicles, exits, or traffic are subject to being towed at the owner's expense. Please do not obstruct any exits or exit pathways.
• Monitor the weather prior to the game. Take the necessary precautions to protect your family and friends should severe weather be encountered before, during, or after the game. In the event of inclement weather during the game, please be prepared to evacuate the stadium and return to your car.
Emergency Medical Assistance
For first aid and emergency medical services, please visit the designated area located at the southwest entrance of Koskinen Stadium next to the Skandalaris Field House and restrooms. In case of emergency, please contact the nearest police officer for assistance or call Duke Police at (919) 684-2444 or 911.
Click here for information on local entertainment
Food and Beverage
Outside food and beverage are prohibited. (Exception: Medical reasons including pregnancy)
Gates (Entrance into stadium)
All gates to Koskinen Stadium will open 60 minutes prior to the start of the game. Patrons with purses, bags, and strollers are subject to searches. There are gates located at the northwest, northeast and southeast corners of the stadium.
If you are in need of assistance or information, please ask for the Staff One Supervisor or Game Day Manager at the northwest entrance gate.
Click here for information on local hotels.
Inclement Weather Procedure
• Duke Game Management utilizes weather software and notification services. Duke Game Management will monitor the weather 24 hours a day and use the following policy: Evacuation will occur if the storm path will come within an eight (8) miles radius of Koskinen Stadium. In the event that the stadium needs to be evacuated, the PA Announcer will notify all spectators. At this point we need to have everyone clear the stadium as quickly as possible.
• The safest location for people to go is in a hard-topped car with the windows up. In the absence of a vehicle, Game Management Staff will direct people to a safe location. The stadium will remain closed until the storm is clear of a eight (8) mile radius of Koskinen Stadium. Resumption of play will only occur once an all clear has been given and conditions are deemed safe after consultation between the Officials and Duke Game Management.
Lost and Found
If any article is lost or found in the stadium, please inquire about or report the item to the nearest Duke Police officer. Items turned into Duke Police during the game will be dropped off to the game day manager. All lost and found items not picked up prior to the end of the game will be available for pick-up the following business day. Please call 919-668-5658 to inquire about lost items.
The Duke Nike Team Store located on West Campus in Card Gym (adjacent to Cameron Indoor Stadium) is open Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Saturday 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, and Sunday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
Parking, Tailgating and Operational Information
Duke University assumes no responsibility for loss through fire, theft, collision or otherwise to the car or contents. Vehicles are parked at the owner's risk. Please lock your vehicle.
Parking Emergency Information:
In case of emergency please dial 9-1-1 for Durham County or (919) 684-2444 for Duke Police Emergency Dispatch. Duke Police will be the primary responder on-campus for emergency calls. Durham Police will be the primary responder off-campus for emergency calls. If an emergency occurs and authorities are contacted, please designate someone in your party to help direct emergency personnel to the emergency location.
• There will be limited game day parking available in Whitford Drive Lot on a first-come, first-served basis. Whitford Lot will have reserved spaces for persons with disabilities for each event. For multi-event or large-event days, parking in the Whitford Lot will only be available to guests with disabilities. On game day, please note the parking signage posted on Science Drive and Whitford Drive for additional information.
• Other parking will be available on Bassett Drive and in the Grounds Lot. There will be directional signage on Science Drive pointing to accessible parking.
• On a multi-event game day, parking will also be offered in the Sports Medicine Lot, 751 Lot or Science Visitor’s Lot.
• All lots will be staffed 90 minutes prior to the start of the game.
• All cars must be removed from the lot in which you park prior to three hours postgame. Duke Parking and Transportation Services will be closing the gates at this time to reset the lot for normal operations.
• Duke Soccer Parking Map
For more information on Duke Lacrosse game days, please visit the game day information website www.GoDuke.com/gameday. Special game day parking alerts and information will be available on the main game day information page under Alerts. You can sign-up for operational, parking and traffic updates via Twitter – www.Twitter.com/Duke_GAMEDAY.
Tailgating is permitted in the Whitford Drive, Bassett Drive or Grounds lots. Tents, tables, tarps or canopies ARE NOT permitted if they impede foot or vehicular traffic or if they extend into additional parking space.
All pets (including dogs) are prohibited inside Koskinen Stadium. (Exception: Service animals are allowed to assist those with disabilities)
Press Box Access
Only credentialed personnel will be allowed into the press box or auxiliary media areas. All media should contact the Duke Sports Information office at least two days prior to the day of the game to reserve a credential.
Game programs are available for free on a first come, first serve basis at the program stands located at the northwest and southwest entrances.
For the safety and game day experience of all fans, the following items are prohibited from entering the stadium:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Artificial noisemakers
- Backpacks (and large bags)
- Balls and Frisbees
- Coolers and Containers (ice chests, thermoses, cups, bottles, or other like containers)
- Items obstructing sightlines of other fans (umbrellas may not be raised if they obstruct views)
- Pets (except service animals)
- Outside chairs (lounge chairs, folding chairs, etc.)
- Outside food and beverage (exception: medical reasons including pregnancy)
- Shoes with wheels (wheelies)
- Laser Pointers
- Cameras with lens over 4 inches
- Hazardous Materials
Duke University reserves the right to deny anyone or anything from entering the stadium. Any such items should be returned to your vehicle and/or discarded. All fans are subject to search before entering the stadium.
Restrooms inside Koskinen Stadium will open 60 minutes prior to the start of the game (same time as the gates). Restrooms are located on the southwest side of the stadium next to the Skandalaris Field House (See Stadium Map link below). Both the men's and women's restrooms are accessible to persons with disabilities.
Safety and Security
All Items Subject to Search
- Small bags, purses and fanny packs are permitted into Koskinen Stadium. However, all bags are subject to search by stadium officials.
- As part of new federal security guidelines, backpacks and large bags are no longer permitted inside Koskinen Stadium.
- Strollers and other items which contain storage areas are subject to search.
To Report Game Day Problems, Unruly Fans, or Suspicious Activity:
Visit our safety and security personnel located at the stadium gates and around the stadium.
Re-Entry into Stadium
Fans wishing to leave and then re-enter the stadium may do so under the following conditions – they must keep their valid game ticket. Fans re-entering must show valid game ticket for entry. All items are subject to search upon re-entry to the stadium.
Persons with Disabilities Seating:
Persons with disabilities seating is available in the bleachers on the west side of the stadium. Please see the Staff One attendant located at the entrance gate closest to the Whitford Parking Lot for assistance with this seating.
Smoking (including electronic cigarettes) is not allowed in Koskinen Stadium. Smoking is permitted outside of the stadium.
Sign up for Twitter to follow Duke Game Day (@Duke_GAMEDAY). Follow @Duke_GAMEDAY and stay up to date on all Duke sports’ news and events.
Stadium and Operational Map
Fans can catch LIVE streaming video for select soccer games world-wide on the internet at Duke Inside Access.
All Duke home events at Koskinen Stadium are ticketed events. Tickets can be purchased at the Cameron Indoor Stadium Ticket Office weekdays between 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM or online at www.goduke.com/tickets.
Tickets go on sale outside the stadium gates 60 minutes prior to game time. Tickets can be purchased at the ticket booths located at the northwest and southeast corners of the stadium.
All patrons entering the stadium must have a valid ticket or credential.
For more information regarding tickets sales please call the Duke Ticket Office at 1-877-375-3853 or (919) 681-2583.
General Admission: $5.00
5 and Under: Free
Duke Students: Free with valid Duke Card
Will Call Information
General Will Call and Media Will Call can be picked up at the Whitford Drive Ticket Booth near the northwest entrance 60 minutes prior to the start of the game.
All fans picking up tickets at will call locations must present a valid state issued photo driver’s license or identification card.
Duke and Visiting Team Player/Guest tickets can be picked up on game day at the ticket booth located on Bassett Drive near the southeast entrance 60 minutes prior to the start of the game.
Umbrellas are permitted inside Koskinen Stadium. For the courtesy and safety all fans we ask that when raising umbrellas you do not obstruct the view of other fans or staff.