Duke Volleyball A-Z Game Day Guide
It is strictly prohibited to bring alcohol into Cameron Indoor Stadium. Individuals violating this policy are subject to ejection from the stadium.
The BB&T ATM is located just outside the south entrance doors of Cameron Indoor Stadium (Wallace Wade Stadium side) and will be accessible 24-7. The ATM only dispenses cash ($20 increments) and does not take deposits.
Banners and Signs
Banners and Signs are permitted inside Cameron Indoor Stadium, however Duke reserves the right to prohibit or require the cessation of any display of a banner or sign that obstructs the view of other fans, obscures stadium signage, can be considered an advertisement, or is determined to be obscene, vulgar, indecent, inappropriate, or derogatory.
Bull City Connector
The Bull City Connector is a fare-free, hybrid-electric bus service that connects downtown Durham with the Duke University campus. The route provides direct access to Duke and includes stops along Main Street and Erwin Road. The service also includes a stop at Durham Station, the city's transportation hub with public bus service and within walking distance of the American Tobacco Campus and the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The Bull City Connector is also ideal for bicyclists, who can ride to a Connector stop and take their bike to campus by using a bike rack on the front of the bus.
The easiest way to get to games using the Bull City Connector is to get off at Duke Hospital South on Trent Road. Once you get off at Duke Hospital South, walk on the sidewalk down Flowers Drive. Cut up to the West Campus Quad. Walk all the way down the Quad until you reach Towerview Drive. Cross Towerview Drive and follow the sidewalk to the Cameron Indoor Stadium, which will be on your right. Click here for a map to show you where to go.
Hand-held still cameras are permitted for personal use only. No cameras are permitted into the stadium with a lens longer than four (4) inches. Video cameras are permitted to be used during pre-game and halftime only. Video cameras are prohibited from filming the match.
A great variety of food items and Coca-Cola products are available from the concession stand located in the north lobby of Cameron Indoor Stadium behind section 18. Blue Devil Concessions operates the concession stands in Cameron Indoor Stadium. Stands are open 30 minutes prior to the start of the game.
Duke Athletics expects all fans to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times before, during, and after the competition. We expect all fans to treat other fans, players, coaches and officials with courtesy. Please join us in creating a fun, safe, family atmosphere at Cameron Indoor Stadium by not:
- Interfering with other guests’ ability to enjoy the game;
- Using/displaying foul or abusive language or gestures;
- Appearing to be intoxicated or in a diminished capacity;
- Entering the competition or restricted access areas;
- Smoking except in designated areas;
- Throwing objects onto the competition area or within the venue; or
- Otherwise being disorderly.
Violators are subject to ejection and possible arrest. Fans should contact a stadium official if they feel someone is not acting appropriately.
Click here for information on local dining
Directions to Cameron Indoor Stadium
Disability Services Information
Please find below a list of disability services currently provided at Cameron Indoor Stadium. Prior to game day, please feel free to reach out to our disabilities coordinator Leigh Fickling at (919) 668-6213 to help make arrangements for your visit or if you have any special needs, questions or concerns regarding our accessibility and accommodations.
• Accessible Entrance – is located at the top of the accessible ramp at the South Entrance of Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• Seating for Persons with Disabilities - is available on a first come, first serve based on availability in the chairs located on the court in front of Section 20. Signage will be posted directing patrons to these seating locations. If you are in need of assistance or information, please ask for the Match Manager at the southeast corner of the Stadium.
• Accessible Concessions Window – is located on the lower level in the North Lobby behind Section 18. When looking at the concessions stand, the accessible window is located at the door on the far right of the stand. Directional signage will be posted in the lobby.
• Accessible Restrooms for Persons with Disabilities – All men’s and women’s restrooms are accessible for persons with disabilities. Men’s Restrooms are located behind Sections 1 and 9 on the upper level and on the lower level in the North Lobby behind Section 18. Women’s Restrooms are located behind Sections 4 and 12 on the upper level and on the lower level in the southwest corner between Sections 17 and 20.
• Family Restroom – is located on the lower level of Cameron Indoor Stadium in the southeast corner between Sections 19 and 20 near the Marketing offices (Room 111T). The restroom is accessible for persons with disabilities, unisex and provides a changing table for families with small children.
Doors (Entrance into stadium)
All doors to Cameron Indoor Stadium will open 60 minutes prior to the start of the match. Patrons with purses, bags, and strollers are subject to searches. There are doors located at the north and south sides of Cameron Indoor Stadium.
Emergency Medical Assistance
In case of emergency, call Duke Police at (919) 684-2444, 911, or contact the Match Manager located in the southeast corner of Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• During any emergency inside the stadium, follow the directions of the PA announcer, event staff and emergency responders.
• Always designate a pre-determined location both inside and outside the stadium to meet friends and family in case you get separated or in the event of an emergency.
• Upon arriving at your seat location, first find the nearest exit and then locate an alternate exit in case of emergency.
• If you see or become aware of any activity that is unusual, suspicious or causes you concern, report the activity to the nearest police office or event staff. Patrons may also or tweet @Duke_GAMEDAY.
• Emergency vehicles may be present in and around the stadium. Please do not obstruct the path of travel of a fire truck or emergency vehicle or interfere with any of their operations. Vehicles blocking emergency vehicles, exits, or traffic in general are subject to being towed at the owner's expense. Please do not obstruct any exits or exit pathways.
• Monitor the weather prior to the game. Take the necessary precautions to protect your family and friends should severe weather be encountered before, during, or after the game. In the event of inclement weather during the game, please be prepared to evacuate the stadium and return to your car.
Click here for information on local entertainment
If you are in need of assistance or information, please ask for the Match Manager located in the southeast corner.
Click here for information on local hotels
Lost and Found
If any article is lost or found in the stadium, please inquire about or report the item to the Match Manager located in the southeast corner of the Stadium. Items turned in during the game will be dropped off to the Match Manager. All lost and found items not picked up prior to the end of the game will be available for pick-up the following business day by calling (919) 684-1785 to inquire about lost item(s).
The Duke Nike Team Store located on West Campus in Card Gym (adjacent to Cameron Indoor Stadium) is open Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Saturday 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, and Sunday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
Operational, Parking, and Tailgating Information
For more information on Duke Volleyball game days, please visit the gameday information site at www.GoDuke.com/gameday. Special game day parking alerts and information will be available on the game day information page at the top under Alerts. You can sign-up for operational, parking, and traffic updates via Twitter – www.Twitter.com/Duke_GAMEDAY
Duke University assumes no responsibility for loss through fire, theft, collision, or otherwise to the car or contents. Vehicles are parked at Owner's Risk. Please lock your vehicle.
Parking Emergency Information:
In case of emergency please dial 9-1-1 for Durham County or 919-684-2444 for Duke Police Emergency Dispatch. Duke Police will be the primary responder on-campus for emergency calls. Durham Police will be the primary responder off-campus for emergency calls. If an emergency occurs and authorities are contacted, please designate someone in your party to help direct emergency personnel to the emergency location.
Free General Public Parking is available for most games in the Whitford Drive Lot, along Bassett Drive and in the Grounds Lot at the end of Bassett Drive. If a volleyball match coincides with another event or game day there may be a charge to park. For special event and game day parking information visit www.GoDuke.com/gameday.
Duke Volleyball Facility and Parking Map
Person with Disabilities Parking:
General Public Parking for persons with disabilities is available in the reserved spots in the Whitford Drive Parking Lot.
An accessible drop-off/pick-up point for persons with disabilities is located in front of Cameron Indoor Stadium. Vehicles should be returned to the Whitford Drive Parking Lot for parking.
Tailgating is permitted in the Whitford Drive, Bassett Drive or Grounds lots. Tents, tables, tarps or canopies ARE NOT permitted if they impede foot or vehicular traffic or if they extend into additional parking space.
All pets (including dogs) are prohibited inside Cameron Indoor Stadium. (Exception: Service animals are allowed to assist persons with disabilities)
Press Row, Media Room, Scorer’s Table Access
Only Duke Personnel or approved media and photographers will be allowed into the press areas. All media or photographers should contact the Duke Sports Information office at least two days prior to the day of the game to confirm approval.
Game programs are available for free on a first come, first serve basis in the southeast corner of the Stadium behind the team bench in section 19.
For the safety and game day experience of all fans, the following items are prohibited from entering the stadium:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Artificial noisemakers
- Backpacks/bags larger than 8” x 11” x 12” (exception: medical reasons)
- Balls and Frisbees
- Cameras w/lens over 4 inches
- Coolers and Containers (ice chests, thermoses, cups, bottles, or other like containers)
- Hazardous Materials
- Illegal Drugs
- Items obstructing sightlines of other fans (umbrellas may not be raised in the seating bowl)
- Laser Pointers
- Outside chairs (lounge chairs, folding chairs, etc.)
- Outside food and beverage (exception: medical reasons)
- Pets (except service animals)
- Shoes with wheels (wheelies)
- Video cameras
Restrooms in Cameron Indoor Stadium open at the same time as the doors open. Men’s Restrooms are located behind sections 1 and 9 on the upper level and on the lower level in the southeast corner between sections 19 and 20 and in the north lobby behind section 18. Women’s Restrooms are located behind sections 4 and 12 on the upper level and on the lower level in the southwest corner between section 17 and 20. Both the men's and women's restrooms are persons with disabilities accessible.
A Family Restroom is located on the lower level of Cameron Indoor Stadium on the southeast corner between Sections 19 and 20 near the Duke Marketing Offices (Room 111T). The restroom is accessible for persons with disabilities, unisex and provides a changing table for families with small children.
Safety and Security
All Items Subject to Search
All purses, bags and strollers are permitted into Cameron Indoor Stadium. However, all bags are subject to search by stadium officials.
To Report Game Day Problems
Visit the Match Manager located in the southeast corner of the Stadium.
Persons with Disabilities Seating:
Persons with disabilities seating is available at the south side of the stadium on the lower level (On the baseline of the court). If you are in need of assistance or information, please ask for the Match Manager at the southeast corner of the Stadium.
Smoking is not allowed in Cameron Indoor Stadium. Smoking is permitted outside of the stadium.
Sign up for Twitter to follow Duke Game Day at www.twitter.com/Duke_Gameday. Follow @Duke_GAMEDAY to stay up to date on all Duke Sports’ news and events.
Fans can catch live streaming video for select volleyball matches world-wide on the internet at Duke Inside Access.
All Duke home volleyball events at Cameron Indoor Stadium are free to the public and no tickets are necessary.
Click here for local travel information
Umbrellas are permitted inside Cameron Indoor Stadium. For the courtesy and safety of all fans we ask that umbrellas not be opened anywhere inside Cameron Indoor Stadium.