It is strictly prohibited to bring alcohol into Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion. Individuals violating this policy are subject to ejection from the facility.
There are no ATMs inside Taishoff Aquatic Center. The nearest BB&T ATM is located at Tribull Plaza next to the new Duke Ticket window and the Duke Team Store. The ATM only dispenses cash ($20 increments) and does not take deposits.
Banners and Signs
Banners and Signs are permitted inside Taishoff Aquatic Center, however Duke reserves the right to prohibit or require the cessation of any display of a banner or sign that obstructs the view of other fans, obscures stadium signage, can be considered an advertisement, or is determined to be obscene, vulgar, indecent, inappropriate, or derogatory.
Bull City Connector
The Bull City Connector is a fare-free, hybrid-electric bus service that connects downtown Durham with the Duke University campus. The route provides direct access to Duke and includes stops along Main Street and Erwin Road. The service also includes a stop at Durham Station, the city's transportation hub with public bus service and within walking distance of the American Tobacco Campus and the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. The Bull City Connector is also ideal for bicyclists, who can ride to a Connector stop and take their bike to campus by using a bike rack on the front of the bus.
The easiest way to get to games using the Bull City Connector is to get off at Duke Hospital South on Trent Road. Once you get off at Duke Hospital South, walk on the sidewalk down Flowers Drive. Cut up to the West Campus Quad. Walk all the way down the Quad until you reach Towerview Drive. Cross Towerview Drive and follow the sidewalk to the Taishoff Aquatic Center, which will be on your left. Click here for a map to show you where to go.
Hand-held still cameras are permitted for personal use only. No cameras are permitted into the facility with a lens longer than four (4) inches. Video cameras are permitted to be used during pre-meet and during intermissions. Video cameras are prohibited from filming while the meet is going on.
Concessions and Merchandise are available for certain meets. The stand will be located at the west end of the pavilion in the lobby off the observation deck, opposite the side of the diving well. Concessions and Merchandise are CASH ONLY. Duke Points, ATM, debit, and credit cards are NOT accepted. All concessions are sold directly from the pool lobby that is adjacent to the observation deck which is accessible from the disability entrance.
Duke Athletics expects all guests to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times before, during, and after the competition. We expect all guests to treat other fans, players, coaches and officials with courtesy. Please join us in creating a fun, safe, family atmosphere at Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion by not:
• Interfering with other guests’ ability to enjoy the game;
• Using/displaying foul or abusive language or gestures;
• Appearing to be intoxicated or in a diminished capacity;
• Entering the competition or restricted access areas;
• Smoking except in designated areas;
• Throwing objects onto the competition area or within the venue; or
• Otherwise being disorderly.
Violators are subject to ejection and possible arrest. Fans should contact a stadium official if they feel someone is not acting appropriately.
Directions to Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion (.pdf)
Doors (Entrance into stadium)
All doors to Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion will open 90 minutes prior to the start of the meet. There are entrance doors to the seating area located at the west sides of the pavilion.
The accessible entrance to Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion is at the main entrance to Wilson Recreation Center. Guests should speak to the front desk attendant for access. Once inside the Wilson Center, guests will turn left and follow the hallway toward the basketball courts to reach the elevator. Guests should take the elevator to the second (2nd) floor and enter the pavilion through the cardio area. Stadium doors open ninety (90) minutes prior to the start of the meet.
Disability Services Information
Guests with any special needs, questions, or concerns regarding our accessibility and accommodations are encouraged to reach out to our coordinators with the Duke Disability Management System at 919-668-6213. Our disabilities coordinators can assist in making arrangements for their visit and answer any questions.
• Accessible Seating - is available on the observation deck above the main pool. Folding chairs will be available upon request for companion seating.
• Accessible Concessions- All concessions are sold directly from the pool lobby that is adjacent to the observation deck which is accessible from the disability entrance.
• Accessible Restrooms - Accessible restrooms are located in the Wilson Recreation Center next to the Weight Room. Directional signage is posted in the facility to help direct guests.
If an emergency evacuation arises, Event Staff members will be available to persons with disabilities who request assistance in exiting the stadium. The primary accessible exit is through the Wilson Center.
Emergency Medical Assistance
For first aid or emergency medical assistance, see the Game Operations Manager located on the observation deck or call Duke Police at (919) 684-2444 or dial 9-1-1.
• During any emergency inside the stadium, follow the directions of the PA announcer, event staff and emergency responders.
• Always designate a pre-determined location both inside and outside the stadium to meet friends and family in case you get separated or in the event of an emergency.
• Upon arriving at your seat location, first find the nearest exit and then locate an alternate exit in case of emergency.
• If you see or become aware of any activity that is unusual, suspicious or causes you concern, report the activity to the nearest police officer or event staff. Patrons may also tweet @Duke_GAMEDAY.
• Emergency vehicles may be present in and around the stadium. Please do not obstruct the path of travel of a fire truck or emergency vehicle or interfere with any of their operations. Vehicles blocking emergency vehicles, exits, or traffic in general are subject to being towed at the owner's expense. Please do not obstruct any exits or exit pathways.
• Monitor the weather prior to the game. Take the necessary precautions to protect your family and friends should severe weather be encountered before, during, or after the game. In the event of inclement weather during the game, please be prepared to evacuate the stadium and return to your car.
Food and Beverage
Outside food and beverage is permitted inside Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion but may not enter the Wilson Recreation Center.
If you are in need of assistance or information, please ask for the Meet Manager on the observation deck on the west side of the pavilion.
Lost and Found
If any article is lost or found in the pavilion, please inquire about or report the item to the Meet Manager located on the observation deck on the west side of the pavilion. All lost and found items not picked up prior to the end of the meet will be available for pick-up the following business day by calling 919-684-1785 to inquire about lost item(s).
Media Access – Pool Deck
Only Duke Personnel or approved media and photographers will be allowed onto the pool deck. All media or photographers should contact the Duke Sports Information office at least two days prior to the day of the meet to confirm approval.
The Duke Nike Team Store located on West Campus in Card Gym (adjacent to Cameron Indoor Stadium) is open Tuesday through Friday from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Saturday 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, and Sunday 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
Operational, Parking and Tailgating Information
For more information on Duke Swim Meet days, please visit the game day information website at www.goduke.com/gameday. Special game day parking alerts and information will be available on the main page under Alerts. You can sign-up for operational, parking, and traffic updates via Twitter – www.Twitter.com/Duke_GAMEDAY
Duke University assumes no responsibility for loss through fire, theft, collision, or otherwise to the car or contents. Vehicles are parked at Owner's Risk. Please lock your vehicle.
Parking Emergency Information
In case of emergency please dial 9-1-1 for Durham County or 919-684-2444 for Duke Police Emergency Dispatch. Duke Police will be the primary responder on-campus for emergency calls. Durham Police will be the primary responder off-campus for emergency calls. If an emergency occurs and authorities are contacted, please designate someone in your party to help direct emergency personnel to the emergency location.
• If a swimming and diving meet coincides with another event, meet parking may be in different locations and there may be a charge to park. Please check back on the Swimming & Diving page on www.goduke.com for more information and meet day parking alerts.
• Free General Public Parking is available for most meets in the Whitford Drive parking lot, along Bassett Drive and in the Grounds parking lot at the end of Bassett Drive.
• Free parking for persons with disabilities is available for most meets in the Card Gym Lot located on Towerview Road. Guests should use the designated spaces within the lot.
Duke Swimming & Diving Facility and Parking Map
Tailgating is permitted in the Whitford Drive, Bassett Drive or Grounds lots. Tents, tables, tarps or canopies ARE NOT permitted if they impede foot or vehicular traffic or if they extend into additional parking space.
All pets (including dogs) are prohibited inside Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion. (Exception: Service animals are allowed to assist those with disabilities)
Meet day programs are available in the Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion for no charge. The programs are available on a first come, first serve basis on the PA Announcer/Sports Information table as you enter on the west side of the pavilion.
For the safety and meet day experience of all fans, the following items are prohibited from entering the pavilion:
• Alcoholic beverages
• Artificial noisemakers
• Balls and Frisbees
• Cameras w/lens over 4 inches
• Coolers and Containers (ice chests or other like containers)
• Hazardous Materials
• Items obstructing sightlines of other fans
• Laser Pointers
• Pets (except service animals)
• Outside Chairs (lounge chairs, folding chairs,etc.)
• Outside food and beverage when concessions is on-site(exception: medical reasons)
• Shoes with wheels (wheelies)
• Selfie Sticks
Duke University reserves the right to deny anyone or anything from entering the stadium. Any such items should be returned to your vehicle and/or discarded. All fans are subject to search before entering the stadium.
Restrooms in Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion open at the same time as the doors open. The Men’s Restroom is located downstairs from the pool lobby entrance. Women’s Restrooms are located within the Pool Lobby. Accessible restrooms are located within the Wilson Center adjacent to the weight room. Directional signage will be posted for all areas.
Safety and Security
All Items Subject to Search
All purses, bags and strollers are permitted into Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion. However, all bags are subject to search by stadium officials.
To Report Game Day Problems
Visit the Meet Manager located in the west entrance lobby of the Pavilion.
General admission seating is available in the bleachers above the pool and diving well on a first-come, first-serve basis. Seating areas can be accessed from the observation deck directly or through Wilson Recreation Center.
Seating for persons with disabilities is available on the observation located on the west side of the pavilion.
Smoking (including electronic cigarettes) is not allowed in Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion. Smoking is permitted outside of the facility.
Sign up for Twitter to follow Duke Game Day (@Duke_GAMEDAY). Follow @Duke_GAMEDAY to stay up to date on all Duke Sports’ news and events.
Stadium and Operational Map
All Duke home Swim meets at Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion are free to the public and no tickets are necessary.
Umbrellas are permitted inside the Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion. For the courtesy and safety of all fans we ask that umbrellas not be opened anywhere inside Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion.