The 2011 Duke Football season is a week away and we want you to be prepared for game day. Check out the What’s New on Duke Football Game Day in 2011 below. For more in-depth information on everything listed below, fans should visit www.goduke.com/gameday and click on Football to reach the 2011 Football A-Z Game Day Guide. The guide has been updated and improved for 2011 and includes in-depth game day information on ticketing, parking, traffic, shuttles, marketing activities, and much more.
Parking and Traffic Updates for 2011:
Fans will notice some changes have been made to improve the parking and traffic plan for football game days in 2011. The changes and the specific areas they affect are listed below.
• Parking Lot Hours – For 2011 all Iron Duke parking lots will open at 7:00 AM. For the general public, the Chemistry and Jogging Trail lots will also open at 7:00 AM. The remainder of the general public lots will open four (4) hours prior to kick-off for each game.
• Recommended Ingress Directions for Iron Dukes and General Public – Duke Athletics, Parking and Transportation, and Police urge fans to check out the recommended ingress routes prior to departing for campus. The routes are designed to keep Iron Duke and General Public traffic separate to provide ease of access to the respective designated parking areas. Recommended routes are listed on the parking and pre-game traffic map as well as under directions on the A-Z Game Day Guide at www.goduke.com/gameday.
• DU Road Closed to Iron Duke Traffic Only – Beginning three (3) hours prior to kick-off until one (1) hour post-game, Duke University Road will be closed between Anderson Road and NC 751/Cameron Blvd. to all non-Iron Duke parking permit traffic. General Public and thru traffic will be diverted around Duke University Road. Iron Duke parking permit traffic will be permitted to access the closed stretch of Duke University Road.
• Towerview Drive Closure – Towerview Drive will be closed between the Card Gym Lot and Towerview Drive Roundabout to all traffic beginning three (3) hours prior until one (1) hour post-game. This section of Towerview Drive has been closed due to high pedestrian traffic. Fans wishing to access the Card Gym Lot must access Towerview Drive from Erwin Road or Science Drive. Fans wishing to access the Edens Lots must access Towerview Drive from Duke University Road.
• General Public Lot Designations – The general public lot designations have changed for 2011. There are now General Public park and walk lots and General Public courtesy shuttle lots.
• General Public Park and Walk Lots – The general public park and walk lots are located on Circuit Drive. To access the park and walk lots, fans must enter campus on LaSalle Street or Research Drive off of Erwin Road. The walk times from the park and walk lots vary from 8 minutes to 19 minutes. The walk times and lot locations are listed on the parking and pre-game traffic map on www.goduke.com/gameday and under parking information.
• General Public Courtesy Shuttle – The general public courtesy lots are located on Flowers Drive, Anderson Street, and Yearby Avenue. To access the courtesy shuttle lots, fans must enter campus on Flowers Drive or Anderson Street off of Erwin Road. The courtesy shuttle runs from three (3) hours pre-game until one (1) hour post-game for all games except the Richmond game. For the Richmond game the shuttle will run four (4) hours pre-game until one (1) hour post-game. The shuttle picks up guests at the corner of Flowers Drive and Yearby Avenue or at the corner of Trent Drive and Flowers Drive and drops them off at the Duke University Chapel. The walk from the chapel is four (4) minutes to the gates of Wallace Wade Stadium.
• Bull City Connector – Fans wishing to experience more of Durham can take the Bull City Connector (www.bullcityconnector.org) from downtown Durham to Duke South (Trent Drive). From Duke South, fans can either jump on the General Public Courtesy Shuttle to the chapel or make the walk to Wallace Wade Stadium.
• General Public Drop-off/Pick-up – Fans wishing to drop-off guests close to the stadium may now do so at the corner of Towerview Drive and Science Drive. To gain access to the drop-off/pick-up point fans should enter campus at Research Drive off of Erwin Road and pick-up a drop-off pass outside of PG9. From there fans will be directed down Research Drive to Circuit Drive and then to the corner of Towerview Drive and Science Drive for drop-off. After drop-off the vehicle will be directed back to the general public parking areas. Post-game fans may pick-up at the same location after post-game traffic has cleared (approximately 35-45 minutes post-game).
• Recreational and Oversized Vehicles Parking Changes – Recreational and Oversized Vehicle (RV/OV) parking has moved to the Small Circuit Lot. The Small Circuit Lot is a paved lot and is approximately a fourteen (14) minute walk to Wallace Wade Stadium. The lot opens at 6:00 PM on Friday prior to game day and closes at 12:00 PM on Sunday after game day. The cost for RV/OV parking is $50.00 per game or $300.00 for the season. To reach the Small Circuit Lot, fans should enter campus at LaSalle Street off of Erwin Road.
• Bus Parking Changes – Bus parking has been moved to Duke University Road Lot 2. Buses wishing to acquire a parking permit for game day should contact Chris Kautza in the Duke Ticket Office. Buses with a parking permit are allowed to drop-off at the Bus drop-off point at the Towerview Drive roundabout. To access the drop-off point, buses will need to enter campus at the intersection of Towerview Drive and Duke University Road.
• 1610 AM Message – General Public looking for parking information can tune into 1610 AM beginning at 7:00 AM on each game day to find out parking information and recommended ingress directions for each of the general public lots.
• Updated Pre-Game Map - An updated parking and pre-game traffic map is now available on www.goduke.com/gameday and shows all the changes listed above.
Fans are encouraged to review the changes or updates below to stadium activities and policies.
• Stadium Gates – All stadium gates and ticket office windows will open two (2) hours prior to kick-off.
• Coca-Cola Tailgate Show – Join the Blue Devil IMG Sports Network broadcast team of Bob Harris, Wes Chesson, Anthony Dilweg, and John Roth on Blue Devil Alley for the hour long Coca-Cola Tailgate Show. Stop on by the stage and listen as the guy’s breakdown the Blue Devils opponent and catch some special guest interviews. The Coca-Cola Tailgate Show airs live across the Blue Devil IMG Sports Network.
• Conduct Policy and Assistance – The game day conduct policy and how to acquire assistance is now available on www.goduke.com/gameday. Duke Athletics expects all guests to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times before, during and after the game. We expect all guests to treat other guests, players, coaches and officials with courtesy. Please join us in creating a fun, safe, family atmosphere at Wallace Wade Stadium.
• Prohibited Items - A complete list of prohibited items in the stadium is available at www.goduke.com/gameday. Duke University reserves the right to deny anyone or anything from entering the stadium. Any prohibited items should be returned to your vehicle and/or discarded. All guests and items being brought into the stadium are subject to search before entering the stadium.
• Updated Stadium Map – An updated stadium map is available on www.goduke.com/gameday.
Guest Services Team and Gazebos:
The Duke NROTC program will be operating guest service gazebos inside each of the stadium gates on the North, East and West concourses to provide informational assistance to guests. General information cards and stadium and campus maps will be available each game at the gazebos. Duke NROTC guest service representatives will also be roaming outside the stadium gates and on the concourse to provide assistance and direction as needed. Guests needing wheelchair assistance to their seating section should contact a NROTC guest services representative located at the gazebo.
Changes for Persons with Disabilities:
• General Public Parking for Persons with Disabilities - is available in the Blue Zone lots off of Wannamaker Drive in lots B-2, B-4, and B-7. Wannamaker Drive can be accessed via the Blue Zone Iron Gate on Duke University Road. An accessible drop-off and pick-up point for persons with disabilities is available in the Blue Zone just outside the East Gate.
• Iron Duke Parking for Persons with Disabilities - is available off of Bassett Drive just outside the West Gate. Iron Dukes that need access to this lot should contact the Iron Duke Office at 919-613-7575 to acquire a parking permit before game day. An accessible drop-off and pick-up point for persons with disabilities is available on Bassett Drive across from the lot just outside the West Gate.
• Accessible Lift-Equipped Van - An accessible lift-equipped van will be available as needed for guests needing wheelchair lift assistance. Please notify a parking lot attendant upon arrival to request van service.
• Seating for Persons with Disabilities - is available around the stadium at the top of the seating bowl behind the following sections: 1, 2, 3, 4, 20, 21, 22, 29, and 30.
• Wheelchair Assistance - Guests who need wheelchair assistance to their seating sections should visit the Guest Services Gazebos located inside the entrances to the North, East, and West gates.
Duke Fans will again be able to receive real time operational, parking, and traffic updates via text message and Twitter. Fans may follow us on Twitter by visiting www.twitter.com/Duke_GAMEDAY or subscribe to the text message updates by texting ‘DUKEINFO’ to 69050.
Text Message Assistance:
Duke Fans again will be able to text in any game day problems, issues or needs to the operational command center. On game day, fans just need to text ‘DUKE’ to 69050 and the message will be received and security, maintenance, or housekeeping will be dispatched to rectify the problem or issue. Please note that standard data and messaging rates may apply.