Duke vs. Davidson
Nov. 8, 2013 (7 p.m.)
Durham, N.C. (Cameron Indoor Stadium)
Play-by-Play: Dave O'Brien
Analyst: Doris Burke
Blue Devil IMG Sports Network
Play-by-Play: Bob Harris
Analyst: John Roth
The Opening Tip
• Duke opens the 2013-14 season against Davidson at Cameron Indoor Stadium Friday,Nov. 8. The Blue Devils are 79-29 all-time in season openers.
• Duke is ranked No. 4 in both the AP and USA Today Coaches’ Polls. The Blue Devils are 54-11 all-time when ranked No. 4 in the AP Poll.
• The Blue Devils have won 24 straight meetings with Davidson and the last 15 meetings between the two schools at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
• Duke has won an NCAA-best 101 consecutive non-conference home games.
• Duke enters its 109th season of basketball with a 2,001-840 record, marking the fourth-most wins in NCAA history.
• Mike Krzyzewski has led the Blue Devils to 17 consecutive seasons with 20 or more wins, the longest active streak in the NCAA.
The Last Time Out
• Duke topped defending Division II national champion Drury, 81-65, in exhibition play Saturday, Nov. 2. The Blue Devils outscored the Panthers, 47-27, in the second half of play to overcome a four-point halftime deficit.
• Rodney Hood paced Duke with 21 points, nine rebounds and four assists. He was 8-of-14 from the field in 36 minutes of action.
• Sophomore Amile Jefferson also had a big game with 13 points, 16 rebounds (eight offensive) and four assists.
• Quinn Cook and Jabari Parker tallied 13 points apiece in the win, with Cook delivering nine points during a 17-4 second half run to put the Blue Devils in command.
• After a slow start, Duke shot 51.5 percent (17-of-33) from the field in the second half of play.