Duke vs. West Virginia
Duke LHP Trent Swart vs. West Virginia LHP Harrison Musgrave
Duke vs. Marshall
Duke RHP Andrew Istler vs. Marshall RHP Michael Taylor
Duke at Coastal Carolina
Duke RHP James Marvel vs. Coastal Carolina LHP Dalton Moats
Last Time Out
• Ten different Blue Devils tallied a hit as Duke routed Norfolk State 11-1 Wednesday, Feb. 26 at Jack Coombs Field ... Six of Duke's 12 hits in the game went for extra bases as the Blue Devils plated a season-high 11 runs ... Junior Grant McCabe and sophomore Kenny Koplove had two hits apiece while McCabe, senior Mike Rosenfeld and redshirt senior Ryan Deitrich each totaled two RBI ... Senior RHP Drew Van Orden (1-0) pitched 6.0 solid innings in the win, allowing just one run on three hits while striking out five.
West Virginia Series History
• Duke squares off against West Virginia Friday, Feb. 28 at 2 p.m. in its first game of the Caravelle Resort Tournament in Myrtle Beach, S.C. ... Friday’s contest marks the 11th meeting in program history between the two schools ... Duke enters the weekend with a three-game win streak against the Mountaineers and leads the all-time series 8-2 ... The two teams last met during the 1995 season. Duke swept the two-game series from West Virginia Feb. 25 and 26 in Durham, N.C., by scores of 14-8 and 13-3.
Duke vs. Big 12 Conference
• The Blue Devils are 9-9 all-time against teams currently in the Big 12 Conference: Baylor (0-0), Kansas (0-0), Kansas State (0-0), Oklahoma (0-0), Oklahoma State (0-2), Texas (1-3), Texas Christian (0-0) Texas Tech (0-0) and West Virginia (8-2) ... Friday’s game versus West Virginia marks Duke’s first against a Big 12 squad since the Blue Devils opened the 2012 campaign with a three-game series at Texas ... The Longhorns captured the first two decisions (4-0, 5-3) before the Blue Devils rallied for a 5-2 win in game three.
Marshall Series History
• Duke takes on Marshall in its second game of the Caravelle Resort Tournament Saturday, March 1 at 10 a.m. ... The Blue Devils have faced the Herd three times in program history and lead the all-time series, 2-1 ... Duke and Marshall’s last meeting came in 2005 when the Herd defeated the Blue Devils 8-3 on March 22 in Durham ... The two squads first met for two games in March of 1932, both wins for Duke.
Duke vs. Conference USA
• The Blue Devils own a 29-43 all-time record against teams currently in Conference USA: Charlotte (5-1), East Carolina (13-33), Florida International (0-0), Florida Atlantic (0-0), Louisiana Tech (0-0), Marshall (2-1), Middle Tennessee State (0-0), Old Dominion (9-7), Rice (0-1), Southern Mississippi (0-0), Tulane (0-1), UAB (0-0) and UTSA (0-0) ... Duke’s last opponent out of Conference USA was in-state foe Charlotte. The Blue Devils defeated the 49ers 3-0 Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park.
Coastal Carolina Series History
• Sunday’s weekend finale marks the first meeting in program history between Duke and Coastal Carolina.
Duke vs. Big South
• Duke brings an 83-51-1 all-time record against Big South opponents into the weekend: Campbell (17-14), Charleston Southern (3-0), Coastal Carolina (0-0), Gardner-Webb (5-0), High Point (12-14), Liberty (4-5), Longwood (6-1-1), Presbyterian (5-2), Radford (9-5), UNC Asheville (3-2), VMI (14-5) and Winthrop (4-3) ... Last season, the Blue Devils had a home-and-home series against both Campbell and High Point while traveling to Liberty for one contest. Duke swept the two-game series from High Point, but fell in three combined contests against Campbell and Liberty ... Coastal Carolina is the first of two Big South teams Duke faces this season ... The Blue Devils also have a home-and-home series with Liberty March 4 and April 1.
Marconcini Named ACC Player of the Week
• Redshirt junior first baseman Chris Marconcini earned ACC Player of the Week honors Monday after hitting .667 in four games last week ... The Brentwood, Tenn., native went 10-for-15 with a pair of home runs, two doubles and seven RBI ... In addition to scoring six runs and stealing three bases, Marconcini also reached base 14 times in 19 total plate appearances ... The honor was the first ACC weekly citation for Marconcini, and the first for a Blue Devil first baseman since Scott Pinoni earned the recognition May 8, 1993 ... In total, 12 Blue Devils have garnered 14 ACC Player of the Week accolades in program history.
Duke in the ACC
• Heading into the weekend, Duke is the only ACC team to rank in the top three in the conference in team batting average, team ERA and team fielding percentage ... The Blue Devils are currently batting .293, good for third in the ACC behind Florida State (.328) and Clemson (.322) ... Duke leads the league in team ERA, boasting a 2.05 mark ... The Blue Devils also rank second among ACC schools with a .979 fielding percentage.
• Duke’s bullpen has enjoyed great success to start the 2014 campaign ... Eleven Blue Devil relief pitchers have combined to throw 30.1 innings as Duke’s bullpen sports a 1.46 ERA ... Duke’s relief pitchers also boast a strikeout-to-walk ratio of nearly 2:1, totaling 33 strikeouts to 17 walks so far this year.