The Duke men’s lacrosse coaching staff convened in October and November for a pair of coaching clinics for local coaches as well as any who would like to tune in online.
October Session : Watch Here
· Individual drills for midfield and attack and defense both skeleton and live
· Moving to 3v3 and 4v4
· Defensive approach technique
· Y Drill
· Faceoffs in practice
· Four ball scramble – utilized for both fitness and teaching lacrosse.
November Session : Watch Here
· Grip training with sports performance coach Carl Christensen
· Breaking down the clearing game using Duke game film from the NCAA semifinal and championship game
· Riding game – again using video from Duke games to explain it
· Tips for young lacrosse players on what to work on and what coaches are looking for when they watch highlight films