|Schedule & Results|
|Game Notes vs. North Carolina|
|No. 4 Duke (19-4, 7-3) at No. 21 North Carolina (17-7, 6-5)
|When: Feb. 8 | 8:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: Dean E. Smith Center|
|Watch Live: ESPN & ACC Network|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
The Opening Tip
- In the midst of a three-game road swing, Duke hits Tobacco Road for the first of two meetings with North Carolina.
- A win Thursday gives Duke its 22nd consecutive 20-win season and the program’s 53rd all-time.
- Marvin Bagley III leads the ACC in scoring (21.4) and rebounding (11.2) and is second in the NCAA in double-doubles (17). Trevon Duval leads the ACC in assists (6.0), while Grayson Allen is fifth in the league in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.4).
- Bagley is bidding to be the first Blue Devil and the first freshman to lead the ACC in scoring and rebounding. Of the 12 previous ACC players to accomplish it, eight have gone on to win the league’s Player of the Year award, including each of the last four.
- Wendell Carter, Jr. is averaging 16.5 points and 10.5 rebounds over Duke’s last 11 games. He has led Duke on the boards in five of the last six games.
- North Carolina enters the game with a 17-7 record and is 6-5 in the ACC. The Tar Heels snapped a three-game losing streak with a 96-65 win over Pittsburgh the last time out.
- Luke Maye leads North Carolina in scoring (18.3) and rebounding (10.3). He is second in the ACC with two 30-10 games this season.
- Duke and North Carolina have met 85 times during the Coach K era and 245 times altogether. The Blue Devils are 45-40 versus the Tar Heels with Mike Krzyzewski as the head coach.
- Allen is 5-2 in his career versus North Carolina. The senior is averaging 16.8 against the Tar Heels and scored 25 in last year’s 86-79 win at Cameron.