|No. 2 Duke vs. Princeton
|When: Dec. 18 | 6:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: Cameron Indoor Stadium|
|Watch Live: ESPN 2|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
- Following a week off for final exams, No. 2 Duke caps a five-game homestand by welcoming Princeton on Tuesday.
- The Blue Devils, who have won four straight and nine of the first 10, have just one more game over the next 18 days -- Thursday at Madison Square Garden vs. No. 11 Texas Tech.
- Duke and Princeton have met 19 previous times, with the Blue Devils leading the series 18-1 (10-0 in Durham).
- Freshman RJ Barrett leads the ACC in scoring (24.2, 13th NCAA), just ahead of classmate Zion Williamson, who is second (20.4, 42nd NCAA).
- With Barrett and Williamson, Duke is one of only two teams nationally to have multiple players averaging 20+ points per game. They are the only freshman duo doing so.
- Williamson is the only player in the country ranked among the NCAA’s top 60 for field goal percentage (17th; .661), blocks (46th; 2.0) and steals (57th; 2.1).
- Duke enters the Princeton game leading the country in blocked shots (7.5) and scoring margin (+27,2), ranked fifth nationally in scoring (92.9) and second in steals (11.1).
- Junior Javin DeLaurier is 8-of-8 from the field over the last two games (12-of-14 over the last three with 26 points).
- Freshman Tre Jones leads the ACC in assist-turnover ratio (4.67; 9th NCAA) and is second in assists (5.6). He has 23 assists and four turnovers over the last four games.
- Duke is averaging 7.3 dunks and is on an early pace to break the team record of 235 dunks set by last season’s squad.
On This Date
Duke is 15-4 all-time when playing on December 18, and has been ranked in the top three in four of its last five games on this date...The Blue Devils most recent game on December 18 came in 2014 -- a 66-56 victory over Connecticut at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, N.J.
Duke vs. Princeton
Duke is 18-1 all-time versus Princeton, last facing the Tigers on Nov. 14, 2010 -- a 97-60 win by the Blue Devils behind 22 points from Nolan Smith...Six of the meetings have come in the Mike Krzyzewski era, with Duke winning five.
Duke's Dynamic Duo
RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson are the only players in the ACC averaging 20+ points, and are one of only two teammate duos in the country doing so (Mike Daum and David Jenkins at South Dakota State)...Barrett and Williamson comprise the second-highest scoring duo in the NCAA at 44.6 points per game...Barrett’s 242 points are the most by any Duke freshman through a season’s first 10 games, while Williamson’s 204 are fourth-most...In the Yale win, Barrett became the first freshman in Duke history to go for 30+ points, 5+ rebounds and 5+ assists with his 30-7-6 effort...In the Stetson win, Barrett became the first player in Duke history to go for 25+ points, 7+ rebounds, 7+ assists and 4+ steals, with 26-7-7-4 in just 17 minutes...Barrett is 13th in the NCAA in scoring, is eighth in the ACC in assists (4.2) and ninth in field goal percentage (.479)...Williamson is the only player in the country ranked among the NCAA’s top 60 for field goal percentage (17th, .661), blocks (46th, 2.0) and steals (57th, 2.1).
Leading the NCAA in Rim Protection
Duke leads the NCAA with 7.5 blocks per game this season...Four times already this season, the Blue Devils have swatted 10+ shots in a single game. That happened just three times over the previous seven seasons combined (296 games)...Marques Bolden (2.1) and Zion Williamson (2.0) are third and fourth, respectively, in blocked shots per game in the ACC...Duke is on an early pace to set the program’s single-season record for blocked shots.
Run With the Devils
Duke’s 11.1 steals per game are second nationally and best among any power conference team. The Blue Devils have recorded a steal on 14.5 percent of opponent possessions -- the best percentage in the nation according to KenPom...Duke’s 111 steals are 26 more than the next closest ACC team...The defense has translated to offense as the Blue Devils are averaging 26.1 fast-break points per game (9.4 allowed) and 23.7 points off turnovers per game (10.4 allowed)...Zion Williamson and Cam Reddish are tied for second in the ACC in total steals (21)...Duke leads the country in scoring margin (+27.2).