|No. 1 Duke at No. 13 Florida State
|When: Jan. 12 | 2:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: Donald L. Tucker Center|
|Watch Live: ESPN|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
- No. 1 Duke remains on the road to battle No. 13 Florida State Saturday afternoon in Tallahassee in an ACC showdown.
- The game marks the Blue Devils fifth versus an AP top 15 opponents this season -- most nationally. Duke is 3-1 in those previous four, which have all been away from home.
- Duke is the only team in the top five nationally in both offensive efficiency and defensive efficiency, currently ranked third in offense and second in defense.
- Over Duke’s eight game winning streak, it has held each opponent to its lowest offensive efficiency of the season
- Zion Williamson, the reigning ACC Freshman of the Week, is coming off a 30-point, 10-rebound, 5-assist, 4-steal effort at Wake Forest -- the first 30-10-5-4 game in Duke history and the first 30-10-5 game in the Mike Krzyzewski era.
- Williamson and classmate RJ Barrett are the only pair of teammates nationally each averaging 20 points per game -- Barrett leads the ACC and is 15th nationally (22.8), with Williamson second in the ACC and 28th in the NCAA (20.9).
- Freshman Tre Jones leads the ACC and is second nationally in assist-turnover ratio (5.93). He has turned the ball over just 14 times in 14 games this season.
- Junior Javin DeLaurier has made 18 consecutive field goals -- two shy of tying the ACC record set by Duke’s Alaa Abdelnaby during the 1988-89 season (20).
- With Duke ranked No. 1 this week, Coach K has tied John Wooden for most weeks ranked No. 1 by a coach (121).
Duke vs. Florida State
Duke is 38-10 all-time versus Florida State, which includes a 15-7 mark in road games…Under Coach K, the Blue Devils are 35-9 in the series…The Blue Devils have won six of the last seven in the series, including last year’s 100-93 victory at Cameron Indoor Stadium behind 32 points and 21 rebounds from Marvin Bagley III…This marks the fourth consecutive meeting in the series with each team ranked in the AP Top 25, and the lowest combined ranking (14) in the series since No. 2 Duke defeated No. 13 Florida State, 75-63, in Tallahassee on Jan. 10, 1998.
Top 25 Success
Duke is 3-1 versus ranked opponents this season -- each has been ranked 12th or better, including a 69-58 win over then No. 12 Texas Tech at Madison Square Garden on December 20…Duke’s game at No. 13 Florida State marks its NCAA-leading fifth this season versus an AP top 15 team -- each of those five has been played away from Cameron Indoor Stadium…Marquette has played four versus AP top 15 teams (3-1), while no other team has played more than three…Duke and Kansas remain the only programs this season with multiple wins over AP top 10 teams.
Duke vs. Ranked Opponents
Duke is 225-147 (.605) vs. ranked teams under Coach K, with a 145-74 (.662) mark since the 1996-97 season…The Blue Devils are 3-1 against ranked teams this season and were 6-4 versus ranked teams in 2017-18…Duke is 82-47 (.636) against ranked ACC teams and 63-27 (.700) vs. ranked non-league foes since 1996-97…The Blue Devils are 81-58 (.583) overall under Coach K when both teams are ranked in the top 10…Duke is 29-16 (.644) under Coach K when both teams are ranked in the top five
Defense Makes Statement
Duke enters the Florida State game as the only team in the top five of both offensive and defensive efficiency, and one of two teams in the top 10 for both (Virginia)…Over the Blue Devils’ eight game winning streak, the team has held each opponent to its season-low for offensive efficiency…Each of the eight has shot less than .500 from the field, including six less than .400. From three-point range, seven have shot less than .320.