|No. 2 Duke vs. Boston College
|When: Feb. 5 | 7:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: Cameron Indoor Stadium|
|Watch Live: ESPN|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
- No. 2 Duke puts a five-game winning streak on the line Tuesday night, welcoming Boston College to Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- Duke is 20-3 in the series against the Eagles, including a 9-0 mark in games at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- Following the BC game, the Blue Devils will play four of their next six games on the road where they are one of two undefeated teams on the road this season (Tennessee).
- Freshman RJ Barrett, who leads the ACC in scoring at 23.1 points, needs 15 points to reach 10th place on the single-season Duke freshman scoring list. He’s 208 points shy of Marvin Bagley III’s freshman record 694 points.
- Over the last four games, freshman Zion Williamson is 43-of-54 (.796) from the field with 102 points. He is second in the ACC in scoring at 22.3. He and Barrett are the highest scoring duo in the country this season at 45.4 points per game.
- Williamson is the nation’s only player averaging 20.0+ points and shooting .600+ from the field. He’s also the nation’s only player only player with 40+ steals (44), 40+ blocks (41) and 40+ dunks (47).
- Freshman Tre Jones is the nation’s only player averaging 5.0+ assists (5.6), 2.0+ steals (2.1) with a 4.0+ assist-turnover ratio (4.65). His assist-turnover ratio is fourth nationally.
- Junior Marques Bolden is averaging 7.4 points, 6.0 rebounds, 23.7 minutes and shooting .590 from the field over the last nine games.
Duke vs. Boston College
Duke and Boston College are meeting for the 24th time, with the Blue Devils leading the all-time series 20-3...Since BC entered the ACC, the series favors Duke, 16-3...The Blue Devils are 9-0 in the series at Cameron Indoor...BC won last year in Chestnut Hill behind 30 points from Ky Bowman, its first win in the series since 2009.
Following Tuesday’s game versus Boston College, the Blue Devils hit the road for four of their next six games...Three of the four road games are at AP Top 25 teams Virginia (No. 3), Louisville (No. 16) and Virginia Tech (No. 11)...Duke’s home games in this stretch are back-to-back rivalry match-ups versus NC State and North Carolina...The Blue Devils have already faced six top 25 teams (5-1), with five more remaining on the schedule...Duke’s 11 potential top 25 games would tie Louisville, North Carolina and Virginia as the most in the country.
Frosh Duo Sets ACC Mark
Tuesday’s game is part of “ESPN Crossover” week with NBA announcers calling college games, and college announcers switching to the pro game...Hubie Brown will join Dick Vitale, Dan Shulman and Allison Williams on the Duke game...Brown is a former Duke assistant coach, who coached the Blue Devils from 1968-72 under head coaches Vic Bubas and Bucky Waters...Brown has been broadcasting NBA games for various networks since 1985, including ABC/ESPN since 2005.
RJ, Zion Threaten Frosh Scoring Record
With freshmen RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson continuing to set the scoring pace in the ACC, the duo should threaten the team’s one-year-old freshman scoring record...Last season, Marvin Bagley III’s 694 points were the most scored by a Duke freshman. Barrett is 208 points shy, while Williamson is 226 away. They are 15 and 24 points, respectively, from cracking the top 10...Barrett and Williamson are aiming to become the first freshman teammates in ACC history -- and the first freshman teammates in any of the power six conferences -- to each average 20.0+ points in a season...Barrett, Williamson and BC’s Ky Bowman are the first three to reach 400 points in the ACC this season.
Hot ACC Start
Duke’s 7-1 start to ACC play is the team’s best record through eight games since 2010-11, and its 11th start of 7-1 or better through eight games since the 1990-91 season...Seven of those previous starts resulted in a win or share of the ACC regular season title.
Duke: 4-0 In Road ACC Games
Duke has won its first four ACC road games this season, opening 4-0 away from home in conference play for the first time since the 2011-12 season...That season, Duke went undefeated on the road in ACC play on its way to a 13-3 league record...Duke and Tennessee are the only two undefeated road teams remaining in the NCAA this season.