|No. 2 Duke at No. 16 Louisville
|When: Feb. 12 | 9:00 PM (ET)|
|Where: KFC YUM! Center|
|Watch Live: ESPN|
|Listen Live: Blue Devil IMG Sports Network|
- A pair of teams battling in the top half of the ACC standings, No. 2 Duke and No. 16 Louisville collide Tuesday night at KFC Yum! Center on ESPN’s Super Tuesday.
- The Blue Devils have won seven straight overall and sit in a two-way tie for first place in the ACC with North Carolina, while the Cardinals are two games back in the loss column.
- Duke enters the week as one of two remaining undefeated road teams, joining top-ranked Tennessee. The Blue Devils are 5-0 on the road for the first time since 2007-08.
- Freshman RJ Barrett, who leads the ACC in scoring at 23.1 points, is eighth on Duke’s single-season freshman scoring list (531). He is the fastest Duke freshman to 500 points (22 games), and the second fastest player in any season under Coach K to 500 points (J.J. Redick, 19 games, 2005-06).
- Freshman Zion Williamson is second in the ACC in scoring at 21.8 points. He and Barrett are the highest scoring duo in the country this season at 44.9 points per game.
- Williamson is the nation’s only player averaging 20.0+ points and shooting .650+ from the field.
- Duke owns three of the country’s 12 wins over AP top five teams this season (3-1) -- no other team has more than one. The Blue Devils are an NCAA-best 4-1 versus AP top 10 teams, and 6-1 versus AP Top 25 teams.
- At No. 1 overall in KenPom’s ranking, Duke is joined by Virginia as the only teams ranked in the top five for both offensive (second) and defensive (fifth) efficiency.
Duke vs. Louisville
Tuesday’s game is the 16th meeting between Duke and Louisville, with the Blue Devils leading 9-6…Duke took last season’s meeting at Cameron Indoor Stadium, 82-56, behind 28 points from Grayson Allen…Louisville head coach Chris Mack has faced the Blue Devils eight times as an assistant, going 2-5 against Duke while on Skip Prosser’s staff at Wake Forest from 2002-04 and 0-1 while on Sean Miller’s Xavier staff from 2004-09.
Duke has played an NCAA-leading five games versus AP top 10 opponents, including four away from Cameron…Duke’s 4-1 record versus top 10 teams leads the nation…Duke joins Iowa State (two), Kansas (two), Kentucky (two), North Carolina (two) and Virginia (two) as the only teams with multiple top 10 wins this season…The Blue Devils are 6-1 versus AP Top 25 teams this season -- only Kansas (7-2) has more Top 25 wins in 2018-19…Of Duke’s 6-1 record versus the Top 25, five of the wins have come away from Cameron Indoor Stadium -- tied for the second most in school history…The Blue Devils have four remaining games on the schedule against AP Top 25 teams…Duke’s 11 potential Top 25 games would tie Louisville, UNC and Virginia as the most in the country this season.
Hot ACC Start
Duke’s 9-1 start to ACC play is the team’s best record through 10 games since 2010-11, and its 11th start of 9-1 or better through 10 games since the 1991-92 season…Seven of those previous starts resulted in a win or share of the ACC regular season title.
Duke 5-0 In Road ACC Games
Duke has won its first five ACC road games this season, opening 5-0 away from home in conference play for the first time since the 2011-12 season…That season, Duke went undefeated on the road in ACC play on its way to a 13-3 league record…No. 2 Duke and No. 1 Tennessee are the only two undefeated road teams remaining in the NCAA this season.
Duke completed the season sweep of Virginia, becoming the first ACC team to beat the Cavaliers twice in a season since 2011-12, when both Florida State and North Carolina did so…Duke has the two highest scoring games versus Virginia this season (72-70, 81-71), and scored the most points on the Hoos at home under Tony Bennett in Saturday’s 81-71 win…The Blue Devils are 6-1 versus the Cavaliers in the regular season since 2013-14 -- Virginia is 80-13 (.860) versus the rest of the ACC in the regular season over that span…Duke was 13-of-21 (.619) from three-point range at UVa, its best three-point percentage in a road game since February 21, 2013 at Virginia Tech (12-of-17, .706).
Duke Away from Cameron
In the Coach K era, Duke is 250-140 (.641) in true road games and 267-76 (.778) in neutral site games, for a combined mark of 517-216 (.704) in all games outside of Cameron Indoor Stadium…In ACC regular season play, Duke is 181-115 (.611) away from home under Coach K. The Blue Devils are 125-62 (.668) in ACC road games since the 1996-97 season…Coach K has also won 16 road games against AP top five teams, the most in the history of the AP poll.
Duke vs. Ranked Opponents
Duke is 228-147 (.608) vs. ranked teams under Coach K, with a 148-75 (.663) mark since the 1996-97 season…The Blue Devils are 6-1 against ranked teams this season and were 6-4 versus ranked teams in 2017-18…Since 1996-97, Duke is 83-47 (.638) against ranked ACC teams and 65-28 (.699) vs. ranked non-league foes.
Under Coach K, the Blue Devils are 83-58 (.588) overall when both teams are ranked in the top 10…Under Coach K, Duke is 31-16 (.660) when both teams are ranked in the top five…With Duke’s win over No. 3 Virginia on Feb. 9, Coach K broke a tie with Dean Smith for most wins by a coach in AP top three matchups.