Blue Devil Bits
- Duke is 22-5 on the year, including an 8-4 mark in Atlantic Coast Conference play. The Blue Devils have won two straight games, including a 101-91 home victory over eighth-ranked Wake Forest on Sunday.
- The Blue Devils are ranked seventh in the AP poll and ESPN/USA Today Coaches poll. Duke has now been ranked in the top 10 in 33 consecutive AP polls.
- Duke is rated fourth in the RPI according to CollegeRPI.com. The Blue Devils’ strength of schedule is ranked sixth in the country by the site as well.
- Junior Gerald Henderson is coming off a career-high 35 points in Sunday’s win over Wake Forest. The Merion, Pa., native was 11-of-15 from the field and 12-of-14 from the foul line in the contest.
- Jon Scheyer also posted a career-high with 30 points against the Demon Deacons. He went 8-of-16 from the field, including 5-of-10 from three-point range, and 9-of-11 from the charity stripe in Duke’s 10-point victory.
- Sophomore Kyle Singler and freshman Elliot Williams each scored 11 points on Sunday. Singler matched a team-high with six rebounds, while Williams sparked the Blue Devil defense with four steals. Lance Thomas also had six boards in the win.
- Duke forced 20 turnovers in the win over Wake Forest, including 16 in the opening half of play. The Blue Devils posted a 26-8 edge in points off turnovers in the contest. Duke is averaging 21.1 points off turnovers per game this season.
- Duke has won three straight meetings in the series with Maryland and five of the last seven games against the Terrapins. The Blue Devils posted an 85-44 victory over Maryland at Cameron Indoor Stadium earlier this season.
- Duke is 8-4 in ACC action, marking the 14th straight year the Blue Devils have won at least eight games in league play. Duke has posted 10 or more wins in ACC regular season contests in 11 of the last 12 seasons.
- Gerald Henderson is the only player to rank in the top five in league play in scoring, field goal percentage and steals. Henderson is fifth in scoring at 20.2 ppg., tied for third in steals at 2.0 spg. and fourth in field goal percentage at .526 in 12 ACC contests.
- Kyle Singler ranks first or second on the team in points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. He leads the team in rebounds (7.8 rpg.) and steals (45), while ranking second in scoring (16.1 ppg.), assists (72) and blocks (22).
- Jon Scheyer has scored 20 or more points in three of the last five games. He is averaging 19.6 points per game in that stretch.
- Freshman Elliot Williams was named ACC Rookie of the Week after averaging 11.0 points and 2.0 steals per game, while shooting 10-of-14 (.714) from the floor in wins over St. John’s and Wake Forest last week. Williams is averaging 9.3 points, 3.7 rebounds and 1.3 steals per game in three starts this season.
- Junior Lance Thomas has a .690 (20-of-29) field goal percentage during the month of February. He is averaging 6.9 points per game in seven contests this month.
- Kyle Singler is one of two players in the ACC averaging at least 16.0 ppg. and 7.5 rpg. this season. Cherokee Parks (1994-95), Elton Brand (1998-99), Carlos Boozer (2001-02) and Shelden Williams (2005-06) are the only Duke players to accomplish that feat in the last 15 years.
- Gerald Henderson has scored in double figures in 19 straight games, which is the fourth-longest streak in the ACC. He is averaging 18.8 points per game and shooting 52.0 percent (133-of-256) from the field in the last 19 contests.
- Kyle Singler is attempting to become the first Blue Devil since Danny Ferry (1989) to record at least 40 three-point field goals, 40 steals, 80 assists and 20 blocks in a season. Singler currently has 45 treys, 45 steals, 72 assists and 22 blocks on the year.