Notes: Duke 93, Boston College 82
Courtesy: Duke Sports Information
As a Team
• The Blue Devils moved to 14-2 overall and 2-1 against ACC opponents with Saturday’s result.
• Duke’s record against Boston College now sits at 20-2 following Saturday’s contest, including 9-0 when competing at home.
• The Blue Devils scored at least 70 points for the 15th game this season, marking the second straight year Duke posted at least 70 points in 15 of its first 16 games.
• Duke used the starting lineup of Jayson Tatum, Harry Giles, Grayson Allen, Luke Kennard and Amile Jefferson for the second time this season and owns a 2-0 record with those five players on the floor to start the game.
• The Blue Devils moved to 78-18 all-time when competing as the eighth-ranked team in the nation.
Blue Devils on the Glass
• Graduate student Amile Jefferson collected two boards, bringing his career total to 812, five shy of tying Bob Fleischer (1973-75) for 17th on Duke’s all-time career list.
Duke’s Offensive Output
• Sophomore Luke Kennard connected on 1-of-2 (.500) attempts from beyond the arc, his 19th consecutive game with at least one three-pointer (dating back to last season). Kennard is shooting 24-of-43 (.558) from three-point range over the team’s last eight games.
• Six different players scored in double digits - Jayson Tatum (22), Frank Jackson (15), Harry Giles (12), Grayson Allen (12), Amile Jefferson (11) and Matt Jones (10) - the second straight game Duke’s offense boasted at least six double-digit scorers.
• Freshman Jayson Tatum led all Blue Devil scorers with 22 points on 6-of-9 (.667) shooting, the second straight game he has led Duke in scoring.
• Allen scored 12 points, bringing his career total to 1,151. Allen’s 1,151 points rank 49th on Duke’s all-time scorers list.
• Allen also dished a career-high 11 assists, his second straight game with seven-or-more assists. Allen had back-to-back games with 7+ assists for the first time in his career. Allen’s 11-assist effort led the Blue Devils, with Duke moving to 23-6 when Allen leads the team in assists.
• Allen became the first Blue Devil to register 10+ assists since Tyus Jones posted a 12-assist effort against Florida State Feb. 9, 2015.
• With 12 points and 11 assists, Allen recorded the fourth double-double of his career.
• Duke went into the break with a 53-34 advantage, the team’s fourth game this season scoring 50+ points before the half.
• The Blue Devils scored 38 points in the paint against Boston College, bringing their season total to 556 points scored in the lane. Forty-four percent of Duke’s points have come in the paint this season.
• The Blue Devil bench scored 27 points, the team’s second straight double-digit scoring output from the bench.
• As a team, Duke registered 20 assists, the third 20-assist game of the year for the Blue Devils.
Duke on the Defensive End
• Jayson Tatum matched a career high with four steals. Tatum has posted at least two steals in six of his last seven appearances.
• Duke held Boston College to just 3-of-14 (.214) shooting from beyond the arc, the sixth game this season a Blue Devil opponent shot under 25.0 percent from three-point range.
• The Blue Devils registered 13 steals, including 11 in the first half. Duke’s 13 steals are the second most by the Blue Devils this season.
• Duke’s defense forced the Eagles into committing 21 turnovers, tied for the most turnovers by a Duke opponent this year.
• Jayson Tatum recorded his eighth straight double-digit scoring game, matching a career high with 22 points. Tatum joins Frank Jackson for the longest double-digit scoring streak by Duke a freshman this season.
• Harry Giles posted his second straight double-digit scoring game (12 points) while making his second career start. He also registered the first steal and the first block of his college career.
• Freshman Frank Jackson scored 15 points on 4-of-9 (.444) shooting. Jackson also connected on 2-of-6 (.333) three-pointers. Jackson’s 15-point effort marked his 10th double-digit scoring game of the season.
DUKE NEWS ARCHIVES
Duke Basketball Report: Feb. 21, 2017
Duke Basketball Report: Feb. 20, 2017
BDN Recap: Duke 99, Wake Forest 94
MBB vs. Wake Forest: Top 5 Plays
MBB vs. Wake Forest: Winslow, Okafor & Jones...
Coach K Postgame Press Conference: Duke 99,...
Highlights: Duke 99, Wake Forest 94
Condensed Game: Duke 99, Wake Forest 94
To remove your e-mail address from our mailing list, please click on Customer Care and select Remove From Mailing List from the Area of Interest list and specify your e-mail address. Note: This does not apply to opt-in e-mail. To modify your opt-in e-mail deliveries, log in to the site and modify your preferences. Customer Care