Notes: Florida State 88, Duke 72
Courtesy: Duke Sports Information
As a Team
• The Blue Devils moved to 14-3 overall, 2-2 against ACC opponents and 2-2 against nationally ranked opponents with Tuesday’s result.
• Duke’s record against Florida State now sits at 35-10 following Tuesday’s contest, including 15-7 when competing in Tallahassee.
• The Blue Devils scored at least 70 points for the 16th game this season, marking the second straight year Duke posted at least 70 points in 16 of its first 17 games.
• Duke used the starting lineup of Jayson Tatum, Harry Giles, Grayson Allen, Luke Kennard and Matt Jones for the first time this season and owns a 0-1 record with those five players on the floor to start the game.
• The Blue Devils moved to 82-25 all-time when competing as the seventh-ranked team in the nation and 14-15 when facing the No. 9 ranked team in the country.
Duke’s Offensive Output
• Sophomore Luke Kennard connected on 2-of-6 (.333) attempts from beyond the arc, his 20th consecutive game with at least one three-pointer (dating back to last season). Kennard’s active streak of 20 games leads the ACC. Kennard is shooting 26-of-49 (.531) from three-point range over the team’s last nine games.
• Kennard is shooting 34-of-52 (.654) from the field and 13-of-22 (.591) against nationally ranked opponents this season. He is also a near-perfect 17-of-18 (.944) from the free-throw line against top-25 teams this year.
• Kennard has scored 20+ points in all four of Duke’s games against ranked opponents this season, averaging 24.5 ppg. this year.
• Kennard led the Blue Devils in scoring for the eighth time this season, with Duke owning a 5-3 record in such contests.
• Junior Grayson Allen scored nine points, bringing his career total to 1,160. Allen’s 1,160 points rank 48th on Duke’s all-time scorers list.
• Allen also dished five assists, his third straight game with five-or-more assists. Allen had three-straight games with 5+ assists for the second time in his career. Allen’s five-assist effort led the Blue Devils, with Duke moving to 23-7 when Allen leads the team in assists.
• The Blue Devils scored 28 points in the paint against Florida State, bringing their season total to 584 points scored in the lane. Forty-one percent of Duke’s points have come in the paint this season.
Duke on the Defensive End
• Senior Matt Jones posted two steals for the 10th time this season and the sixth time in seven games.
• Duke’s defense forced the Seminoles into committing 14 turnovers, the team’s 14th game causing an opponent into at least 10 miscues.
• Jayson Tatum recorded his ninth straight double-digit scoring game, netting 21 points. Tatum surpassed Frank Jackson for the longest double-digit scoring streak by Duke a freshman this season. Tatum also scored over 20 points for the third time this season.
• Tatum shot 3-of-6 (.500) from beyond the arc, surpassing his previous career high of two made three-pointers in a game.
• Freshman Frank Jackson hauled in six rebounds, including three on the offensive end, a career high.
DUKE NEWS ARCHIVES
To remove your e-mail address from our mailing list, please click on Customer Care and select Remove From Mailing List from the Area of Interest list and specify your e-mail address. Note: This does not apply to opt-in e-mail. To modify your opt-in e-mail deliveries, log in to the site and modify your preferences. Customer Care