Courtesy: Duke Sports Information Release: 01/03/2013
BDN+ Premium Content
#3 Duke at N.C. State
Postgame Notes l January 3, 2012
With the Duke Victory…
• Improves to 12-0 overall and 2-0 in ACC play on the season.
• Remained one of only three undefeated teams in NCAA Division I.
• Moved the all-time series to 33-39 in favor of N.C. State.
• Won its eighth in a row in Reynolds Coliseum to move series record to 13-20 all-time in favor of NCSU.
• The 12-0 start is the second-best beginning to the season under Coach P and the sixth time in school history Duke has started 12-0.
• Coach P moved to 6-3 all-time against N.C. State.
Junior Haley Peters
• Totaled a double-double for the second straight game with 18 points and 11 rebounds.
• Pulled down 11 rebounds in both ACC games this year.
• Hit 8-of-15 field goals.
• Tied a career high with two blocked shots.
• Notched double-figure scoring for the 10th time this season and the 39th time in her career.
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Had a game-high 20 points to go along with six rebounds, two assists and two steals.
• Hit all eight of her free throw attempts.
• Reached 20 plus points for the second time this season and the fifth time in her career.
• Totaled double-figure scoring for the 11th time this season and 54th time in her career.
Junior Tricia Liston
• Snapped a streak of hitting at least one three-pointer in 18 straight games.
• Missed all three of her three-point field goal attempts.
• Scored a season-low four points and grabbed four rebounds in 24 minutes.
Freshman Alexis Jones
• Finished with 12 points, four rebounds, three assists, one blocked shot and one steal.
• Reached double-figure scoring for the fourth time this season.
Junior Richa Jackson
• Pulled down five rebounds and scored two points in 10 minutes.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Missed reaching double-figure scoring for the second straight game.
• Finished with nine points, five rebounds and two blocked shots.
• Blocked a shot for the 45th straight game since arriving at Duke.
Other Duke Notes…
• Dished a season-low 11 assists.
• Tied a season low with two three-point field goals made. Hit both made three-pointers in the second half.
• The 39.3 percent shooting is the second-lowest of the season.
• Outrebounded NCSU, 46-35.
• Turned the ball over only 14 times.
• Swiped 10 steals.
• Held a 36-18 advantage in points in the paint.
• Created 17 points off 13 N.C. State turnovers.
• The Blue Devils will next travel to Boston College on Sunday, Jan. 6 at 1:00 p.m.