DURHAM, N.C. – Fans traveling to the Duke University campus on Saturday, August 31st for the Duke and North Carolina Central Football game at 4:00 PM should be aware of the following parking and traffic alerts. Please review the information below and leave extra time in your travels to avoid delays. For a full parking and traffic map and directions to disability, Iron Duke, and general public parking areas - visit www.goduke.com/gameday and review the Football A-Z Game Day guide.
• NC 751/Cameron Blvd Closure – NC 751/Cameron Boulevard will be closed from Brooks/Pascal Drive to the Jogging Trail Lot from 3:44 PM to 3:50 PM on Saturday, August 31st for a Duke and North Carolina Central Cross Country race. The race will begin in Wallace Wade Stadium and the runners will exit Brooks/Pascal Drive and run north on NC 751/Cameron Boulevard towards the Jogging Trail Lot where they will enter the Al Buehler Trail and complete the race.
• DU Road Closure – For all Duke Football home games, Duke University Road is closed between Anderson Street and NC 751/Cameron Boulevard to all traffic except Iron Duke Parking Permit holders. The closure on Saturday, August 31st will begin at 1:00 PM and re-open to all traffic at 4:00 PM. The road will close again from approximately 7:00 PM until 8:30 PM.
• Towerview Drive Closure between Card Gym Lot and Towerview Roundabout – Towerview Drive will be closed from the Card Gym Lot to the Towerview Drive Roundabout from 1:00 PM to 8:30 PM due to high pedestrian traffic. Fans entering campus at these times should plan their access routes accordingly knowing that vehicles cannot pass through this section of Towerview Drive.
• Main Street Closure - Main Street in Durham will be closed from Buchanan Boulevard to Swift Avenue/Broad Street until October for a bridge replacement project. For updates on the status of the construction project and updates on available routes, please visit http://today.duke.edu/2013/05/westmainstreetupdates. All traffic, the Bull City Connector, and Duke University Buses will be rerouted for the duration of the project. Please refer to Duke TransLoc (duke.transloc.com) and the Bull City Connector website (www.bullcityconnector.org) for updates on bus route changes.
• I-40/I-440 Construction – The I-40/I-440 area of South Raleigh will have travel lanes closed for months at a time starting Fall 2013. The complete rebuild could take up to three (3) years to complete. At this time all construction is occurring in the overnight and will have no impact on Duke Football game days. As more information is received from the NCDOT, it will be updated in our weekly parking/traffic alerts. For more information on the project including updates, lane closures, alternate routes and additional project information from the NCDOT, please refer to www.ncdot.gov/projects/I40-440Rebuild.
• Frank Bassett Drive Field Construction Impact – Duke Athletics is in the midst of a large field renovation project on Frank Bassett Drive. In addition to a loss of 120 parking spaces, the road itself is in construction condition and is largely compacted gravel. Fans using Frank Bassett Drive to park or access their parking lot are advised to drive slowly and carefully. Those parking in the Grounds Lot are encouraged to enter off of NC 751/Cameron Boulevard at the large iron gates. Reserved parking spaces on Frank Bassett Drive will be marked with temporary blue signs to denote the parking spaces. Please follow direction by the parking attendants on duty.
• Jogging Trail Lot Impact – The jogging trail lot will serve as a lay down area for on-going road construction on Duke University Road and NC 751/Cameron Boulevard. There will be a minimal loss of parking spaces in the Jogging Trail Lot, however the lot will open and operate as usual on game day.
• Small Circuit Lot Construction Impact – Due to construction of a retention pond on campus, there is a loss of approximately 30 parking spaces in the Small Circuit Lot. The loss in spaces will decrease the RV/OV capacity in this lot from 40 RV/OVs to 30 RV/OVs. Access routes to the parking positions will also be impacted. Please follow the directions of the parking staff on duty.
• DU Road/751/Campus Drive Road Construction Impact – Duke University Road, NC 751/Cameron Boulevard, and Campus Drive all have undergone recent construction work for a new pipeline. These roads are in the process of being repaved but parts of the road are currently compacted gravel. Fans should be aware of this change in surface and drive slowly and carefully.