Parking and Traffic Alert – Saturday, August 30th
DURHAM, N.C. – Fans traveling to the Duke University campus on Saturday, August 30th for the Duke and Elon Football game at 6:00 PM should be aware of the following parking and traffic alerts. In addition to the football game, Duke Athletics will host a Volleyball tournament in Cameron Indoor Stadium at 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM. Please review the information below and leave extra time in your travels to avoid delays. For a full parking and traffic map and directions to disability, Iron Duke, and general public parking areas - visit www.goduke.com/gameday and review the Football A-Z Game Day guide.
VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT PARKING INFORMATION
General Public Parking for Volleyball Fans - Fans attending the Duke Volleyball tournament can find general public parking on a first come, first serve basis in the Duke Football General Public Parking Lots – Chemistry, Small Circuit, Large Circuit, and PG9. The parking lots will open at 7:00 AM and there is a $10 charge to park – CASH ONLY. For directions to these general public lots as well as a parking/traffic map, please visit www.goduke.com/gameday and click on the Football A-Z Guide and scroll down to Parking Information.
Persons with Disabilities Parking for Volleyball - Parking for persons with disabilities attending the Duke Volleyball tournament is available in the Blue Zone B-4 Lot located on Wannamaker Drive off of Duke University Road. The Blue Zone Lots open at 6:00 AM and ADA wheelchair lift van service begins at Noon (12 PM). There is a $10 charge to park – CASH ONLY. An accessible drop-off point is available for persons with disabilities on Whitford Drive near Cameron Indoor Stadium. After dropping off guests, drivers must immediately proceed to the Blue Zone for parking. There is no general public parking available along Whitford Drive. For directions to the Duke Football Iron Dukes Lots, including the Blue Zone Lots, as well as a parking/traffic map, please visit www.goduke.com/gameday and click on the Football A-Z Guide and scroll down to Parking Information.
• Football Traffic Checkpoints – For all Duke Football home games, checkpoints are set-up on the roads surrounding campus to keep only necessary traffic on the interior roads of campus. Checkpoints will become active on Saturday, August 30th at 2:00 PM. All Iron Duke Parking Permit Holders must have their Iron Duke Parking Permit hanging from their rearview mirror as they approach for access at these checkpoints and their designated lots. Checkpoints are located at the following intersections:
o Intersection of Science Drive and NC 751/Cameron Blvd.
o Intersection of Towerview Road and Erwin Road
o Intersection of Chapel Drive and Duke University Road
o Intersection of Towerview Road and Duke University Road
o Intersection of NC 751/Cameron Blvd. and Duke University Road
• Duke University Road Closure – For all Duke Football home games, Duke University Road is closed between Anderson Street and NC 751/Cameron Boulevard to all traffic except Iron Duke Parking Permit holders. The closure on Saturday, August 30th will begin at 2:00 PM and re-open to all traffic at 6:00 PM. The road will close again from approximately 9:00 PM until 10:30 PM.
• Towerview Drive Closure between Card Gym Lot and Towerview Roundabout – Towerview Drive will be closed from the Card Gym Lot to the Towerview Drive Roundabout from 2:00 PM and re-open to all traffic at 6:00 PM. The road will close again from approximately 9:00 PM until 10:30 PM. Fans entering campus at these times should plan their access routes accordingly knowing that vehicles cannot pass through this section of Towerview Drive.
• I-40/I-440 Construction – The I-40/I-440 area of South Raleigh will have travel lanes closed for months at a time starting Fall 2013. The complete rebuild could take up to three (3) years to complete. For more information on the project including updates, lane closures, alternate routes and additional project information from the NCDOT, please refer to www.ncdot.gov/projects/I40-440Rebuild.
• Small Circuit Lot Construction Impact – Due to construction of a retention pond on campus, there is a loss of approximately 30 parking spaces in the Small Circuit Lot. The loss in spaces will decrease the RV/OV/Bus capacity in this lot from 40 RV/OVs to 30 RV/OVs. Access routes to the parking positions will also be impacted. Please follow the directions of the parking staff on duty.
- Stats (HTML)