Parking and Traffic Alert – Saturday, November 9th
DURHAM, N.C. – Fans traveling to the Duke University campus on Saturday, November 9th for the Duke and North Carolina State Football game at 4:00 PM should be aware of the following parking and traffic alerts. In addition to the football game, Duke Athletics will host a Swimming and Diving Meet vs. William and Mary pre-game at 11:00 AM in the Taishoff Aquatics Pavilion. Please review the information below for both the football game and the swimming and diving meet. Please leave extra time in your travels to avoid delays. For a full parking and traffic map and directions to disability, Iron Duke, and general public parking areas - visit www.goduke.com/gameday and review the Football A-Z Game Day guide or the Swimming and Diving A-Z Game Day guide.
PARKING AREA ALERTS
• General Public Parking for Swimming and Diving Meet Fans - Fans attending the Duke Swimming and Diving Meet vs. William and Mary can find general public parking on a first come, first serve basis in the Duke Football General Public Parking Lots – Chemistry and Jogging Trail. The parking lots will open at 7:00 AM and there is a $10 charge to park – CASH ONLY. For directions to these general public lots as well as a parking/traffic map, please visit www.goduke.com/gameday and click on the Football A-Z Guide and scroll down to Parking Information.
• Disability Parking for Swimming & Diving Meet – Guests needing disability parking for the Swimming and Diving Meet should see the attendant at the entrance to Whitford Drive. Disability parking access for the Swimming and Diving meet will be available on Whitford Drive from 8:00 AM until 11:00 AM. After 11:00 AM disability parking for Swimming and Diving will be available in the Blue Zone disability parking lots. There will be a $10 charge – CASH ONLY to park after 11:00 AM in the Blue Zone Lots. An ADA accessible van will be available from these lots to take guests to the Taishoff Aquatic Pavilion and back to the parking area. To request the van upon arrival or for pick-up, please call 919.668.5777 or find a parking staff member in the area.
For directions to the Whitford Drive or Blue Zone disability parking lots as well as a parking/traffic map, please visit www.goduke.com/gameday and click on the Football A-Z Guide and scroll down to Parking Information.
• Early Lot Opening Times for General Public Parking for Football – Due to expected attendance for Saturday, November 9th, the Chemistry and Jogging Trail General Public Park and Walk lots for football will open at 7:00 AM on Saturday. The remainder of the General Public Park and Walk and Courtesy Shuttle Lots will open at 11:00 AM. The courtesy shuttles will begin from designated lots at 11:00 AM as well and run until 1 hour post-game. There are no scheduled changes to RV/OV parking operations. Please visit www.goduke.com/gameday and click on the Football A-Z Guide and scroll down to parking information to review shuttle lots, routes, and RV/OV parking information.
• Jogging Trail Lot Impact – The jogging trail lot will serve as a lay down area for on-going road construction on Duke University Road and NC 751/Cameron Boulevard. There will be a minimal loss of parking spaces in the Jogging Trail Lot, however the lot will open and operate as usual on game day.
• Small Circuit Lot Construction Impact – Due to construction of a retention pond on campus, there is a loss of approximately 30 parking spaces in the Small Circuit Lot. The loss in spaces will decrease the RV/OV capacity in this lot from 40 RV/OVs to 30 RV/OVs. Access routes to the parking positions will also be impacted. Please follow the directions of the parking and traffic staff on duty.
• Football Traffic Checkpoints – Iron Duke Football Parking Permit checkpoints are set-up on the roads surrounding the Iron Duke Football parking. The checkpoints will be active on Saturday, November 9th from 11:00 AM until 4:30 PM. All Iron Duke Football Parking Permit holders will need to have their Iron Duke Parking Permit visible as they approach campus. Iron Duke Parking Permit holders need to show their parking permit for access at these checkpoints and also for access into their designated lot. Those guests to campus without an Iron Duke Football parking permit will be directed around campus to the General Public Parking Lots. The roads on the interior of campus are small and the separation of Iron Duke Football Parking Permit Traffic and General Public Parking Traffic allows for more efficient ingress. Checkpoints are located at the following intersections:
- Intersection of Science Drive and NC 751/Cameron Blvd.
- Intersection of Towerview Drive and Erwin Road
- Intersection of Chapel Drive and Duke University Road
- Intersection of NC 751/Cameron Blvd and Duke University Road
• DU Road Closure – For all Duke Football home games, Duke University Road is closed between Anderson Street and NC 751/Cameron Boulevard to all traffic except Iron Duke Parking Permit holders. The closure on Saturday, November 9th will begin at 11:00 AM and re-open to all traffic at 4:30 PM. The road will close again from approximately 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
• Towerview Drive Closure between Card Gym Lot and Towerview Roundabout – Towerview Drive will be closed from the Card Gym Lot to the Towerview Drive Roundabout from 11:00 AM to 4:30 PM. The road will close again from approximately 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM. Fans entering campus at these times should plan their access routes accordingly knowing that vehicles cannot pass through this section of Towerview Drive.
• Main Street Now Open - Main Street in Durham is now open from Buchanan Boulevard to Swift Avenue/Broad Street.
• I-40/I-440 Construction – The I-40/I-440 area of South Raleigh will have travel lanes closed for months at a time starting Fall 2013. The complete rebuild could take up to three (3) years to complete. At this time all construction is occurring in the overnight and will have no impact on Duke Football game days. As more information is received from the NCDOT, it will be updated in our weekly parking/traffic alerts. For more information on the project including updates, lane closures, alternate routes and additional project information from the NCDOT, please refer to www.ncdot.gov/projects/I40-440Rebuild.