#4 Duke at Xavier
Postgame Notes l November 25, 2012
With the Duke Victory…
• Improves to 4-0 on the season and moved the series record to 3-1 over Xavier.
• Coach P moved to 2-0 all-time against Xavier.
• Won its 16th straight contest against an Atlantic-10 opponent and moved the Blue Devils’ all-time record to 36-10 against A-10 teams.
• Notched a victory wearing black uniforms for the first time since 2009 against Wake Forest and is now 2-6 over the last six years in black uniforms.
Junior Tricia Liston
• Hit a three-pointer for the 11th straight game.
• Snapped a streak of eight consecutive double-figure scoring games with seven points and six rebounds.
Junior Haley Peters
• Totaled 13 points, seven rebounds, two steals, one block and one assist in only 23 minutes.
• Was saddled with foul trouble most of the game and fouled out for the fourth time in her career.
• Hit back-to-back three-pointers in the first half to lead Duke on a large run.
Freshman Alexis Jones
• Scored a career-high 14 points on 6-of-10 shooting.
• Had five assists, four rebounds and two steals in 34 minutes.
• Hit a career-high two three-pointers on two attempts.
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Registered her first career 20-point, 10-assist game of her career with 22 points, 10 assists.
• Notched her fourth career 20-point scoring game.
• Posted her fourth career double-double with 22 points, 10 assists.
• Extended her consecutive free throws made streak to 37, which is a school record.
• Scored double-figures for the 12th straight game and the 47th time in her career.
• Collected her fifth career double-figure assist game.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Blocked three shots and is one swat away from moving into a tie for eighth on Duke’s all-time blocks list.
• Came off the bench to score 16 points, marking the third straight game with double-figures and the 30th time in her short career.
• Had six rebounds, one assist and one steal in 26 minutes.
• Started the second half, which was the first half she has started this season.
Other Duke Notes…
• Blue Devils hit a season-high 65.5 percent from the field in the first half.
• Hit a season-high 59.0 percent of its field goals, which was a season high.
• The junior class of Gray, Peters and Liston combined for 42 points, 19 rebounds, 13 assists and six steals.
• Duke blocked 10 shots marking the second time in four games the Blue Devils have posted 10 or more blocks.
• Blue Devils dished 21 assists to total 20 or more assists in three of the four games.
• Duke hit a season-low five free throws on the afternoon.
• Outrebounded Xavier, 37-34.
• Totaled a 54-26 points in the paint advantage.
• Played its first road contest of the season, after opening with three straight home games.
• Duke will next travel to Michigan in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Wednesday, Nov. 28 at 7:00 p.m.