Courtesy: Duke Sports Information Release: 12/30/2012
BDN+ Premium Content
Monmouth at #4 Duke
Postgame Notes l December 30, 2012
With the Duke Victory…
• Improves to 11-0 on the season.
• The 11-0 start is the second-best beginning to the season under Coach P and the sixth time in school history Duke has started 11-0.
• Won its 58th straight home game against an unranked opponent.
• Improved to 36-2 against non-conference opponents in Cameron Indoor Stadium dating back to the 2008-09 season.
• Won its 46th straight game at home in the month of December.
• Moved to 30-2 in the month of December over the last four years.
• Coach P improved to 76-6 at home in Cameron Indoor Stadium since arriving at Duke.
• Coach P moved to 2-0 all-time against Monmouth and 8-0 all-time against Northeast Conference opponents.
• Improved to 4-0 all-time against Northeast Conference teams.
Junior Tricia Liston
• Totaled 15 points, nine rebounds and two steals.
• Hit two or more three-pointers for the eighth time this season.
• Hit a three-pointer for the 18th straight game.
• Notched double-figure scoring for the third straight contest, the eighth time this season and the 34th time in her career.
Junior Haley Peters
• Notched a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds.
• Had her second double-double of the season and third of her career.
• Pulled down double-figure rebounds for the third time this season and the fifth time in her career.
• Tied a career high with four steals.
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Notched 13 points, six rebounds, four assists and two steals in 27 minutes.
• Notched double-figure scoring for the 10th time this season and the 53rd time in her career.
Freshman Alexis Jones
• Registered a career-high five steals.
• Had five points and three rebounds in 25 minutes.
Junior Richa Jackson
• Had six points, four rebounds and two steals in 14 minutes.
• Saw action in her first home game since tearing her ACL on Feb. 15, 2012.
• Played in her second game of the season, after suffering a torn ACL last February. Had seen action on Nov. 28 at Michigan for one minute, but had not played in last five games.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Hit only 1-of-7 field goals and finished with seven points in 26 minutes.
• Pulled down double-figure rebounds for the 10th time in her career and second time this season.
• Blocked at least one shot in 44 straight games, after having one block in the contest.
Other Duke Notes…
• Held Monmouth to only three points in the first half, which tied a NCAA record for fewest points in a half. Tied with Savannah State vs. Florida State (11-23-03) and Tennessee State vs. Georgia Tech (12-30-10).
• Monmouth’s three points scored in the first half is a new Duke record with the previous low coming on Dec. 20, 2004 at Ball State (7).
• Monmouth’s 4.0 percent shooting (1-of-25) is a new Duke record with the previous low of 9.1 percent by Ball State (12-19-2005) and Stephen F. Austin (11-26-04).
• Turned ball over a season-high 24 times.
• Outrebounded Monmouth, 55-28.
• Scored 28 points off 29 Monmouth turnovers.
• Allowed only 23.1 percent shooting on the night.
• Hit 53.1 percent of its field goals in the second half.
• Outscored Monmouth, 40-12, in the paint.
• Scored a season-low 29 points in the first half.
• Totaled 19 steals, which is the most since the season opener against Presbyterian.
• Held Monmouth without a field goal until the 10:05 mark of the first half (0-12 to start).
• Will next return to ACC play at N.C. State on Thursday, Jan. 3 at 7:00 p.m., in Raleigh, N.C. The game will be aired live on ESPN3.