NCAA Second Round:  Duke vs.  Albany
Friday, March 22, 2013 • 12:15 p.m. • CBS
Pittsburgh, Pa. • Wells Fargo Center (30,328)
The Opening Tip
• Duke received the No. 2 seed in the Midwest Region and will open play in its 18th consecutive NCAA Tournament against Albany in the second round Friday in Philadelphia, Pa.
• The Blue Devils are ranked No. 6 in the AP Poll and No. 7 in the USA Today Coaches Poll. Duke is 2-0 this season and 74-24 overall when ranked No. 6 in the country.
• The Blue Devils have been ranked in the AP top 10 for 113 consecutive weeks. Duke is playing its 207th straight game as a top-10 team and is 172-34 in that span.
• Duke has owned the top spot in the NCAA RPI for 17 consecutive weeks.
• The Blue Devils are 6-1 on neutral courts this season. Duke has defeated No. 3 Kentucky, No. 2 Louisville, Minnesota, VCU and Davidson on neutral courts this season. Duke’s lone neutral site loss this season came against Maryland in the ACC Tournament.
Duke in the NCAA Tournament
• Duke is 96-32 (.750) all-time in the NCAA Tournament over 36 total appearances.
• Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski is 79-24 in the NCAA Tournament and has the most NCAA Tournament wins in Division I history.
• Duke has played in the national championship 10 times, including eight under Coach K.
• Duke is 11-2 against the 2013 NCAA Tournament field.
• Duke has received a No. 1 or No. 2 seed in 15 of the past 17 seasons, the most of any school during that span.
• Duke is 23-8 as the No. 2 seed in the tournament. Duke is 10-3 (.769) out of the Midwest Region.
• Duke is 4-0 when playing NCAA Tournament games in Philadelphia, Pa. Duke played in Philadelphia during the 1992 and 2001 NCAA Championship seasons.
• Duke, ranked No. 6 in the latest AP Poll, has been ranked in the top 10 of the poll 113 consecutive weeks. The last time Duke was not ranked in the top 10 was Nov. 19, 2007.
• Duke was ranked No. 6 in the final AP Poll of the 2012-13 season. The senior trio of Seth Curry, Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee spent their entire careers ranked in the top 10 of the AP Poll (77 weeks).
• With an all-time record of 1,998-839, Duke is just two wins shy of becoming the fourth program in NCAA history to reach 2,000 wins.
• Duke leads the ACC in three-point field goal percentage (.406) and opponent three-point field goal percentage (.293). Duke has hit more three-pointers than its opponent in 25 of 32 games. Duke has hit at least 40.0 percent of its three-point attempts 18 times and held its opponent to less than 30.0 percent shooting from three-point range 19 times.
• Duke is 4-0 in Philadelphia in NCAA Tournament play. The Blue Devils advanced to the Final Four and went on to win NCAA Championships after playing in the City of Brotherly Love in 1992 and 2001.
• Duke is 21-1 on the season when shooting better than 45.0 percent from the field. The Blue Devils are 18-0 when shooting 40.0 percent or better from three-point range.
• Duke is 13-0 against non-conference teams this season. Under head coach Mike Krzyzewski, Duke is 475-73 (.887) against non-conference teams.
• Duke is 18-1 with Ryan Kelly in the lineup this season, including a 4-0 mark against top-five teams. Kelly is among the winningest players at Duke, posting a 108-14 (.885) record to rank tied for third on Duke’s all-time winning percentage list.
• Mason Plumlee is four blocked shots shy of becoming the second player in ACC history (joining Clemson’s Trevor Booker) to register 1,000 points, 1,000 rebounds, 200 assists, 200 blocks and 100 steals in a career.
• Seth Curry was the ACC leader in plus-minus rating, averaging a mark of 11.7 when on the court. Duke had four of the top six spots on the ACC plus-minus list.
• Curry has hit a three-pointer in 14 consecutive games.
The Duke-Albany Series
• Duke and Albany have met just once in program history. Duke won the only meeting, 111-70, on Dec. 17, 2007 in Cameron Indoor Stadium. Duke was ranked No. 6 in the AP Poll in that game. Duke is currently ranked No. 6 in the AP Poll.
• Duke shot .603 (38-of-63) from the field and .577 (15-of-26) from three-point range in the 2007 victory. The Blue Devils shot over 60.0 percent from the field in both halves.
• DeMarcus Nelson led Duke with 23 points, shooting 6-of-7 from the floor and 4-of-5 from three-point range. Five Blue Devils scored in double figures in the win.
• Albany outrebounded Duke 36-31. The Great Danes grabbed 11 offensive rebounds.
Duke vs. The America East Conference
• Duke is 11-0 all-time against teams from the America East conference, including a 2-0 mark in NCAA Tournament play. The Blue Devils topped Binghamton, 86-62, to open the 2009 NCAA Tournament and Boston University, 85-69, in the first round of the 1988 NCAA Tournament.