- The Blue Devils have won 25 straight games dating back to last season and have started 15-0 for the fifth time in school history, all coming under head coach Mike Krzyzewski. The 25 consecutive wins are the second most in school history, seven shy of the school record of 32.
- Duke extended its home court winning streak to 29 games, the fourth longest streak in school history and second longest active streak in the NCAA. The Blue Devils are 58-2 in Cameron over the last four seasons.
- The one-point halftime lead was one of only three games this season the Blue Devils have not led by more than five points. The others were Michigan State (38-34) and Butler (33-33). The 32 points in the first half matched the Bradley game for a season low.
- Duke has now scored at least 70 points in all 15 games this season. They scored 71 despite shooting a season-low .403 (25-of-62) from the field and .286 (6-of-21) from behind the three-point line.
- Freshman guard Tyler Thornton entered the game at the 17:23 mark in the second half with Duke trailing 38-32. With Thornton on the floor, Duke went on an 11-0 run over the next 3:31 to take a 43-38 lead.
- The 14 offensive rebounds are tied for second most for the Blue Devils this season. The 14 offensive rebounds led to 16 second chance points.
- Sophomore Seth Curry scored 12 points for his seventh double figure scoring game this season. He had 12 of Duke’s 14 bench points in the game. Five of his seven games with 10 or more points have been off the bench.
- Sophomore Ryan Kelly played in his 50th career game on Sunday.
- Kelly blocked two shots to extend his streak to nine straight games with at least one block. He has six games with two or more.
- Senior Kyle Singler drew his team-leading 83rd consecutive start and has now started in 125 of his 126 career games. The 125 career starts ranks ninth on Duke’s all-time list.
- Singler recorded his 21st career double-double in the game with 25 points and 10 rebounds. It is his first double-double this season.
- The 25 points mark the fifth time this season Singler has scored 20 or more and 37th time in his career.
- With his 25 points, Singler moved past Jim Spanarkel into 10th on Duke’s career scoring list. He is one of 11 Duke players to score 2,000 career points and now has 2,035.
- The 10 rebounds give him 22 career games with 10 or more.
- He matched a career high with 10 made field goals. It is the fifth time in his career that he has made 10 shots with two coming this season. The other was the UNC Greensboro contest.
- Singler has made at least three treys in four of the last five games and six times on the year.
- He played all 40 minutes for the second time this season. It is his 13th career game with 40 or more minutes played.
- Senior Nolan Smith has scored in double figures in 14 games this season and is averaging 24.8 points per game over his last six outings.
- Smith was a perfect 8-of-8 from the free throw line and has made 23 of his 24 free throw attempts in the last three games for a .958 percentage.
- He had seven rebounds in the contest to give him six straight games with five or more and 10 overall games with at least five rebounds this season.
- With eight assists in the game, Smith became the 19th player in school history with at least 300 career assists. He has dished out five or more in four straight games and 11 career contests.
- Smith played all 40 minutes for the second time this season. It is the seventh time in his career he has played all 40 minutes.
- Freshman Tyler Thornton was in the game for a stretch of 6:22 minutes in the second half from the 17:23 mark to 11:01 on the clock. Duke outscored Maryland, 14-6, while he was in the game during that stretch, including an 11-0 run.
- Thornton had a season-high four steals. He had three career steals coming into the game.