Duke vs. N.C. State
Postgame Notes * Jan. 8, 2012
With the Duke Victory...
- Improved to 12-2 overall and 3-0 in ACC play on the season.
- Registered its 32nd consecutive win at home, which continues a school record.
- Registered its 24th straight home ACC win.
- Won its 48th ACC contest over the last five years and 62 over the last six.
- Won its 55th out of the last 56 games in Cameron.
- Won its 12th straight game in Cameron against N.C. State.
- Won its sixth consecutive overall contest versus the Wolfpack.
- Coach P moved to 6-2 all-time against N.C. State.
Sophomore Richa Jackson
- Registered a career-high 21 points in the game.
- Pulled down seven rebounds and had a career-high five steals.
- Hit a career-high eight field goals on a career-high 11 attempts.
- Totaled double-figure scoring for the fourth straight game.
Sophomore Tricia Liston
- Collected her first career double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds in 32 minutes.
- Pulled down a career-high 11 boards.
Sophomore Haley Peters
- Registered 12 points and five rebounds.
- Notched double-figure scoring for the fourth straight game and the eighth time out of the last nine contests.
Sophomore Chelsea Gray
- Dished eight assists marking the fifth time this season with eight or more dishes.
- Notched 12 points, three rebounds and one steal.
- Registered double-figure scoring for the ninth time this season.
Freshman Elizabeth Williams
- Collected nine points, seven rebounds, five blocks, one steal and one assist in 23 minutes.
- Saddled with two fouls early in the first half and only played six minutes.
Junior Allison Vernerey
- After only scoring eight points the last three games, came off the bench to post 13 points in 18 minutes. Hit 6-of-7 field goals and has now hit five straight free throws.
Other Duke Notes...
- Closed the game with a 23-5 run over the final 7:34 mark.
- Had a season-high 6,172 fans in attendance.
- Hit a season-high 20-of-22 free throws for a 90.9 percentage.
- Outrebounded NCSU, 38-34.
- Hit only 3-of-16 three-pointers.
- Scored 44 points in the paint.
- Created 37 points off 24 NC State turnovers.
- Stopped a three-game streak of turning the ball over 20+ times as Duke had 15.
- Blocked nine shots.
- Had 15 steals as a team.
- Will next host Florida State on Friday, Jan. 13 at 7:00 p.m. The contest will air on RSN-TV.