Duke at Georgia Tech
Postgame Notes * Jan. 18, 2012
With the Duke Victory...
- Improved to 15-2 overall and 6-0 in ACC play on the season.
- Notched its 34th straight win versus Georgia Tech.
- Moved the all-time series record to 56-7 versus the Yellow Jackets.
- Posted its 15th straight win at Georgia Tech.
- Won its 51st ACC contest over the last five years and 65th over the last six.
- Won its ninth straight game of the season.
- Moved to 5-1 on the road this season.
Freshman Elizabeth Williams
- Totaled 20 points, 11 rebounds, five blocks, two steals and one assist.
- Notched her fourth double-double of the season.
- Moved into seventh place on the ACC freshman single-season blocks list with 66. Is two away from tying the Duke freshman record.
- Hit 8-of-15 field goals.
- Notched 14 points in the first half in 18 minutes.
- Had double-digit scoring for the third straight game and the 11th time this season.
Sophomore Richa Jackson
- Totaled 17 points, four assists, two steals and two rebounds.
- Tied a career high with eight field goals made, while hitting 8-of-9 field goals.
- Hit a three-pointer in her third straight contest.
- Registered 11 points in the first half in 17 minutes.
- Totaled double-figure scoring for the sixth time out of the last seven games.
Sophomore Tricia Liston
- Was limited to five points and without a three-pointer for the second straight game.
Sophomore Chelsea Gray
- Tallied a season-high 16 points, four rebounds, four assists and two steals.
- Collected double-digit scoring for the 11th time this season.
Senior Kathleen Scheer
- Had four points and four rebounds in 16 minutes.
Senior Shay Selby
- Scored nine points, had five rebounds, three assists and two steals.
- Her best game back since being suspended before Christmas.
Sophomore Haley Peters
- Did not play the second half.
- Had two points, three rebounds in 12 minutes.
Other Duke Notes...
- Hit a season-high 62.3 percent from the field for the game, which is the highest over the last five years under Coach P.
- Dished 16 assists for the contest.
- Scored 48 of 79 points in the paint.
- Totaled 19 points off the bench.
- Had 21 turnovers as a team.
- Outrebounded Georgia Tech, 37-27.
- Eight different Blue Devils scored.
- Will next host eighth-ranked Maryland on Sunday, Jan. 22 at 3:30 p.m., on ESPNU.