Postgame Notes * Jan. 22, 2012
With the Duke Victory...
- Maintains a first place lead in the ACC.
- Improved to 16-2 overall and 7-0 in ACC play on the season.
- Totaled the school's 300th all-time ACC victory.
- Registered its 34th consecutive win at home, which continues a school record.
- Registered its 26th straight home ACC win.
- Won its 50th ACC contest over the last five years and 64th over the last six.
- Won its 57th out of the last 58 games in Cameron.
- Evened the series record to 38-38 all-time against Maryland.
- Won the fourth straight contest versus Maryland at home in Cameron, including 11 out of the last 12.
- Won the fifth out of the last six overall contests with Maryland.
- Coach P moved to 7-7 all-time against the Terrapins.
- Improved to 3-0 in Cameron against Maryland when both teams are ranked in top 10.
Sophomore Richa Jackson
- Notched 11 points, four rebounds and one steal in 28 minutes.
- Posted double-figure scoring for the seventh time out of the last eight games.
Sophomore Tricia Liston
- Snapped a streak of two games with hitting a three-pointer as she hit 1-of-2. Had 3 points.
Sophomore Haley Peters
- Scored a career-high 21 points.
- Had a career-high 10 field goals made and career high 12 attempts.
- Tied a career high with her sixth three-pointer made of the season.
- Snapped a three-game streak without scoring double-figures.
- Collected double-figure scoring in the first half with 13 points. Posted double-figures 10 games this year.
Sophomore Chelsea Gray
- Had her third double-double of the season with 17 points and 11 assists.
- Had a season-high 17 points, which surpassed a season-high 16 points from the game before.
- Collected 10 or more assists for the third time this season.
- Totaled double-figure scoring for the 12th time this season and the fourth time out of the last five games.
Freshman Elizabeth Williams
- Posted 16 points, eight rebounds, two assists, two blocks and one steal.
- Posted double-figure scoring for the fourth straight game and the 12th time this season.
- Tied a Duke single-season freshman record with 68 blocks, after swatting two today.
- With her 68 blocks, now ranks tied for fourth on the ACC single season freshman list.
Junior Allison Vernerey
- Tallied 10 points and three rebounds in 15 minutes.
- Hit 5-of-9 field goals.
- Collected double-figure scoring third game this season and the second in ACC action.
Other Duke Notes...
- Had a season-low nine turnovers.
- Dished 16 assists.
- Had 46 of 80 points in the paint.
- Hit 50.0 percent of its field goals, marking the seventh time this year with 50.0% FG% or better.
- Outrebounded Maryland, 41-30, including 16 offensive boards.
- Hit all seven free throws the Blue Devils attempted.
- Scored 16 second chance points.
- Posted five players with 10 or more points marking the fourth time this season.
- Duke and Maryland met for the ninth time in school history when both teams are ranked in the top 10 nationally.
- Will next travel to Clemson on Friday, Jan. 17 for an 8:30 p.m., contest.