Duke vs. North Carolina
Postgame Notes * Feb. 6, 2012
With the Duke Victory...
- Maintains a first place lead in the ACC.
- Improved to 19-3 overall and 10-0 in ACC play on the season.
- Continued its best ACC start under Coach P with a 10-0 mark.
- Became just the 10th team in ACC history to notch a 10-0 start in ACC play.
- Reached 10 league wins for the 15th straight year.
- Registered its 28th straight home ACC win.
- Won its third straight game against North Carolina.
- Notched its fourth consecutive win against UNC in Cameron Indoor Stadium.
- Moved the series record to 47-35 in favor of UNC.
- Improved to 11-1 at home in 2011-12.
- Coach P moved to 68-5 in her five years at Duke at home.
Sophomore Tricia Liston
- Tied a season high with 23 points off the bench, hitting 7-of-10 field goals.
- Had seven rebounds, three steals and two assists.
- Scored 18 or more points in a team-best eight times this season.
- Her fifth game this season with 20 or more points (team high).
- Snapped a two-game streak without hitting a three-pointer as she drained 4-of-6.
- Had scored only eight points in the last two games combined and scored 16 in the first half.
Sophomore Chelsea Gray
- Had 15 points, seven rebounds, seven assists and four steals.
- Hit a three-pointer in her sixth straight game.
- With her seven assists, now owns 138 on the year, which ranks 10th on Duke's single season charts.
Freshman Elizabeth Williams
- Totaled her fifth double-double of the season with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
- Now holds the ACC single season freshman blocks record with 85 blocks.
- With her six blocks, moved into fourth place on Duke's single-season blocks list (85).
- With 85 blocks on the season, moved into 10th place on Duke's top 10 career blocks list.
- Had four assists and tied a career high with four steals.
Sophomore Haley Peters
- Had nine points and five rebounds in 23 minutes.
Sophomore Richa Jackson
- Scored 17 points, had four rebounds and three steals in 22 minutes.
- Totaled double-figure scoring in the seventh straight game and the 11th time out of the last 12 games.
Senior Shay Selby
- Dished a career-high six assists, while scoring 10 points in her second straight start.
- Took her fourth charge of the season.
- Reached double-figures for the first time this season in ACC action and second time with 10 or more points this season.
Other Duke Notes...
- Had the second-largest margin of victory in school history (40) - largest was 43 on Jan. 27, 2000.
- Scored 96 points, which is the most since Feb. 20, 2003 (97) against UNC.
- Tied a season-high in ACC play with 23 assists.
- Concluded a three-game homestand.
- Played its first of three games in seven days.
- Hit 15 out of its final 21 first half shots.
- Hit a season-high eight three-pointers in the first half and went on to finish with 10 for the game, which tied a season high.
- Hit 54.4 percent from the field marking the ninth time this season with 50.0% shooting or better.
- Hit 58.8 percent shooting in the second half, which is the second-highest this season for Duke.
- The 32 points off the bench is a season high against ACC opponents.
- Scored 44 points in the paint and scored 23 points off UNC turnovers.
- The 96 points is a season high against ACC opponents.
- Outrebounded UNC, 45-34.
- Blocked nine shots on the night and had 18 steals.
- Hit 10-of-20 three-pointers on the night.
- Scored a season-high 50 points in the first half in conference play.
- Forced 22 UNC turnovers, marking the 17th opponent this season to have 20 or more turnovers.
- Will next travel to Boston College on Thursday, Feb. 9 at 7:00 p.m.