Postgame Notes * Feb. 26, 2012
With the Duke Victory...
- Notched the ACC regular season title outright, marking the 11th time in school history the Blue Devils have won an ACC regular season title.
- Improved to 24-4 overall and 15-1 in ACC play on the season.
- Won the ACC regular season title outright for the first time since the 2006-07 season.
- Won its fourth straight game against UNC and snapped a four-game losing streak in Chapel Hill, N.C.
- Coach P moved to 6-8 all-time against UNC.
- Moved the all-time series record of 36-47 in favor of UNC. Won only its 10th game in 27 contests in Chapel Hill.
Sophomore Tricia Liston
- Tallied 15 points, three steals, three rebounds and two assists in 31 minutes.
Sophomore Chelsea Gray
- Had 12 points, seven assists, seven steals and four rebounds.
- With her seven assists, now owns the Duke single season record with 173. Previous record was 1995-96 by Kira Orr (170).
- Totaled a career-high seven steals.
Freshman Elizabeth Williams
- Had 13 points, nine rebounds, two assists, two blocks and one steal.
- With her 403 points this season, ranks fifth on the Duke freshman single season points list.
- Has totaled 22 double-figure scoring games this year
- Freshman double-figure scoring 22 times this season, which is tied for the fifth-most in a single season by a freshman at Duke.
Sophomore Haley Peters
- Received 16 stitches at halftime/going into the second half. Returned in the second half.
- Totaled nine points, seven rebounds, two steals, one block and one assist.
Senior Kathleen Scheer
- Made her second straight start.
- Had two points, one block, one steal in 11 minutes.
Senior Shay Selby
- Totaled eight points, three steals and two assists in 32 minutes.
Junior Allison Vernerey
- Played in her 100th straight game.
- Came off the bench to notch double-figure scoring for the second straight game.
- First time this season with back-to-back double-figure scoring games.
- Had 10 points, three rebounds, one block and one steal.
Other Duke Notes...
- Will be the No. 1 seed in the ACC Tournament for the third straight year and the 10th time in school history.
- Had 25 points off the bench from Liston and Vernerey.
- Hit 51.9 percent from the field, which marks the 11th time this season the Blue Devils have hit 50.0 percent of its field goals.
- The 69 points in Chapel Hill from Duke was the most since Feb. 14, 2004 (89).
- Scored 40 points in the paint for the game.
- Forced 23 UNC turnovers and scored 22 points off those turnovers.
- Totaled 18 steals, which is the second-most this season by Duke in the ACC.
- Hit 56.2 percent of its field goals in the second half.
- Was only 2-of-10 from three-point land.
- Will next play in the quarterfinals of the ACC Tournament on Friday, March 2 at 3:00 p.m. The game will be aired live on RSN-TV.