St. John's vs. Duke
NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
Postgame Notes * March 24, 2012
With the Duke Victory...
- Moved to 27-5 on the season and advances to the Fresno Regional final. Will play the winner of the South Carolina/Stanford contest on Monday, March 26 at 9:04 p.m., (EST) on ESPN.
- Advanced to the Elite Eight for the third straight year and the 10th time in school history.
- Coach P improved to 22-15 all-time in NCAA Tournament action, including a 12-4 mark at Duke.
- Improved to 5-1 all-time against No. 3 seeds.
- Is now 16-5 all-time when seeded No. 2.
- Coach P moved to 9-2 all-time when seeded No. 2.
- Moved the series record to 4-1 against St. John's, including four straight wins.
- Improved to 37-21 all-time against Big East teams, including a 7-3 mark in NCAA Tournament.
Sophomore Tricia Liston
- Had 15 points, four rebounds and two steals.
- Totaled double-figure scoring for the fifth straight game and the 17th time this season.
- Made her third straight NCAA Tournament start, which was her 16th start of the season and 18th of her career.
Sophomore Chelsea Gray
- Set a Duke NCAA Tournament record with eight steals. The eight steals ties the NCAA single game record for regional action.
- Posted 13 points, four rebounds, four assists.
- Dished 16 assists the last two games.
- Owns 197 assists on the season, which continues the Duke single-season record.
- With her eight steals, moved into sole possession of fourth place on Duke's single-season steals list with 93.
- Totaled double-figure scoring for the eighth straight game and the 24th time this season.
- Played in her home state of California for the first time at Duke.
Freshman Elizabeth Williams
- Is five rebounds away from tying the Duke single season freshman record. Has 255 and record is 260 by Chante Black (2004-05).
- Had 10 points, five rebounds, three assists and one blocked shot.
- Tied a Duke freshman record with double-figure scoring for the 26th time this season (Alana Beard, Monique Currie).
- Totaled double-figure scoring for the 18th straight game.
Sophomore Haley Peters
- Had nine points, seven rebounds in 25 minutes.
Senior Shay Selby
- Had a career-high 18 points, seven assists, five rebounds, four steals and four assists.
- Tied a career high with seven assists.
- Dished 13 assists the last two games.
- Hit career highs in field goals (8) and field goal attempts (13).
- Hit 2-of-6 treys.
Other Duke Notes...
- Registered 50.0% field goal percentage (54.2%) in the first half for sixth straight game.
- Hit 50.% or better for the third straight game and the fourth time out of the last four contests (53.7%). A total of 14 times this season.
- Has 190 blocks on the season, which is the seventh-best total in Duke history.
- Totaled 408 steals on the season, which is the eighth-best total in Duke history.
- Had a 48-28 points in the paint advantage.
- Hit 53.3 of the field goals in the second half.
- Hit 12-of-16 free throws.
- Held a 35-31 rebound advantage.
- Appearing in its 18th consecutive and 19th overall trip in the NCAA Tournament.