Miami at #4 Duke
Postgame Notes * January 31, 2013
With the Duke Victory…
• Moved to 19-1 overall and 9-0 in ACC action.
• Won its 35th straight home ACC contest.
• Notched its 119th straight home win against an ACC opponent.
• Coach P moved to 27-2 at home against ACC opponents.
• Moved to 10-0 all-time against Miami.
• Coach P improved to 6-1 all-time against Miami.
• Moved to 6-0 all-time at home versus Miami
• Improved to 10-0 at home this season.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Posted 12 points, four rebounds, three blocks, one steal and one assist in 32 minutes.
• With her three blocks, moved into ninth place on Duke’s single-season blocks list with 61.
• Notched double-digit scoring for the 22nd straight ACC contest.
• Posted double-figure scoring for the eighth consecutive game, 17th time this season and 44th time in the season.
• Blocked a shot for the 53rd straight game since arriving at Duke.
• Registered 10 points, eight rebounds and one block in only 23 minutes.
• Was saddled with foul trouble for most of the game.
• Netted double-figure scoring for the 15th time this season and 44th time in her career.
• Moved into sixth place on Duke’s all-time steals list with 237. Had six on the night. Gray has totaled 19 steals the last three contests.
• Notched double-figure scoring for the second straight game and the 15th time this season.
• Snapped a streak of 11 straight misses from three-point land in the first half, after missing her first two to open the game.
• Notched a game-high 17 points in 22 minutes.
• Hit 2-of-4 from downtown.
• Totaled double-figure scoring for the third straight game and the 13th time this season.
• Came off the bench for the third consecutive contest.
• Hit a three-pointer in her fourth consecutive game. She has drained six the last four games, after hitting eight treys the first 16 games.
• Pulled down a career-high 10 rebounds.
• Notched her first career double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
• Dished three assists.
Other Duke Notes…
• Outscored Miami, 52-14, in the second half.
• Netted an 18-0 run in the second half to take the commanding lead.
• Registered 31 points off 22 Miami turnovers.
• Outrebounded Miami, 46-37.
• Presented Miami with its worst loss of the season, 82-43.
• Totaled a 50-22 advantage in points in the paint.
• Played against Duke alumnae and former Blue Devil All-America Katie Meier, who is the head coach at Miami.
• Registered five different players with at least one block for the second straight game and the second time this season.
• Tallied 29 points off the bench.
• Hit 50.0 percent of its field goals marking the seventh time this season Duke has hit 50.0 percent of its field goals.
• Hit 57.1 percent from the field in the second half, which is the second-highest second half field goal percentage this season.
• Five different Blue Devils scored double-figures.
• Chelsea Gray hit a three-pointer at the 1:30 mark of the first half, which gave Duke its first lead of the game, 29-27.
• Will next travel down Tobacco Road to face 11th-ranked North Carolina on Sunday, Feb. 3 at 1:00 PM on ESPNU.