Duke at UNC Greensboro
Feb. 18, 2014 | Greensboro, N.C. | UNCG Baseball Stadium | 4 p.m.
Probable Starters: Duke RHP Drew Van Orden vs. UNCG RHP Max Povse
UNC Greensboro Series History
• Duke hits the road for a midweek contest at UNC Greensboro Tuesday, Feb. 18. First pitch is set for 4 p.m.
• Tuesday’s game marks the 13th meeting in program history between the Blue Devils and the Spartans.
• Duke is 8-4 all-time versus UNC Greensboro, including a 4-1 mark on the road.
• Tuesday’s game also marks the earliest meeting between the two schools. Duke and UNCG have never faced one another in the month of February.
Our Last Meeting
• Duke swept a home-and-home series from UNC Greensboro last season, taking the first game, 17-2, in Durham, N.C., and winning the second, 12-2, in Greensboro.
• In game one, Duke exploded for a season-high 18 hits. Chris Marconcini totaled a career-high five RBI, belting a triple and a home run. Three Blue Devils - Jordan Betts, Kenny Koplove and Ryan Munger - had three hits apiece. Michael Matuella picked up the win, allowing two runs on five hits over 5.0 innings of work.
• In game two, Mark Lumpa and Andy Perez combined for eight of the Blue Devils’ 17 hits in the contest. The duo reached base nine times, setting the table for Duke’s three, four and five hitters - Jeff Kremer, Jordan Betts and Marconcini - who drove in six runs. Kremer finished the night 2-for-4 with an RBI and three runs scored, Betts went 2-for-3 with two RBI and Marconcini was 1-for-3 with 3 RBI. Drew Van Orden earned the win, allowing one run on four hits over three innings.
Duke vs. the Southern Conference
• The Blue Devils are 194-76-2 all-time against teams currently in the Southern Conference: Appalachian State (4-3), The Citadel (4-3), Davidson (106-30-1), Elon (31-20), Furman (22-6), Georgia Southern (1-0), UNC Greensboro (7-5), Samford (0-0), Western Carolina (1-4) and Wofford (18-5-1).