#10 California at #4 Duke
Postgame Notes l December 2, 2012
With the Duke Victory…
• Improves to 6-0 on the season and moves the all-time series record to 3-0 against California.
• Owns a 35-2 record against non-conference opponents at home in Cameron Indoor Stadium since the 2008-09 campaign.
• Won its 44th straight home game in the month of December and has a 25-2 record in the month over the last four years.
• Is now 24-2 against ranked opponents in Cameron Indoor Stadium over the last four years.
• Coach P notched her 11th win against a top 10 ranked opponent over her six years.
• Coach P improved to 74-5 in Cameron Indoor Stadium over her six years.
Junior Tricia Liston
• Notched 22 points, eight rebounds, two assists and one steal in 37 minutes.
• Hit a three-pointer for the 13th straight game.
• Posted 20+ points for the second time this season and the ninth time in her career.
• Attempted a career-high 16 field goals.
• Collected 12 first half points, after not scoring double-figures in each of the last two contests.
Junior Haley Peters
• Registered nine points, five rebounds and one steal in 25 minutes.
Freshman Alexis Jones
• Collected 11 points, four assists and two steals in 32 minutes.
• Registered double-figure scoring for the second time this season.
Junior Chelsea Gray
• Was close to collecting a triple-double with 13 points, nine assists and eight rebounds in 33 minutes.
• Hit all seven of her free throw attempts.
• Tied a career high with two blocked shots.
• Notched double-figure scoring for the sixth straight game to open the season and the 49th time in her career.
• Took three charges on the afternoon. Now owns five on the season and 22 over her three-year career.
Sophomore Elizabeth Williams
• Had 12 points, four blocks, five rebounds and two steals in 24 minutes.
• Registered double-figure scoring for the fifth straight game this season and the 33rd time in her career.
• Is now is sole possession of seventh on Duke’s all-time blocks list with 135.
• Played only six first half minutes due to foul trouble.
Senior Allison Vernerey
• Came off the bench to register seven rebounds and six points in 22 minutes.
Junior Chloe Wells
• Made her first appearance of the season in the second half.
• Played four minutes.
Other Duke Notes…
• All eight Blue Devils who played in the first half scored.
• Hit a season-low 46.9 percent from the field.
• Held a 40-28 advantage in points in the paint.
• Forced 22 California turnovers and scored 26 points off those turnovers.
• Outrebounded California, 41-37.
• Had a season-high 5,084 fans in attendance.
• Totaled a season-low nine steals.
• Hit all 14 free throws in the second half.
• Held California to only 21.9 percent shooting from the field.
• Will next host Georgia Tech on Thursday, Dec. 6 at 7:00 p.m., in the ACC opener for the Blue Devils.